What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rgosart

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is the full length of the first switch I pulled, with the airbag removed. No matter what I try, it’s just not even close to plugging back in. I don’t see any way to reattach this plug. only way I can see to do this is extend the wires.. guess that’s what I’ll do.

What I did was take the switch apart and actually assemble it in the hole

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is the full length of the first switch I pulled, with the airbag removed. No matter what I try, it’s just not even close to plugging back in. I don’t see any way to reattach this plug. 6b922a5dd0d8b303a0fbb833c68fcba6.jpg9922820c8dc7b7e7975d280a23c0e202.jpgonly way I can see to do this is extend the wires.. guess that’s what I’ll do.
Since you already pulled the airbag, pull the clock spring and then you can disconnect the harness and pull it out through the hole, then install the switch, pull the harness back through and reconnect it. You were right there, almost had it.

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Since you already pulled the airbag, pull the clock spring and then you can disconnect the harness and pull it out through the hole, then install the switch, pull the harness back through and reconnect it. You were right there, almost had it.
I got them all in by assembling in the holes. I’m so glad that’s done! On another note.. I had the memory saver hooked up, while I did this, and now when I go to start the truck, I get that unknown driver crap, and she starts and then dies. [emoji35][emoji2959] fug

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I've also read that disconnecting the battery cables and touching them together, then re-attaching them to the battery, will fix this. I don't have any firsthand knowledge of that, though. Curious if any of that works.....

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok. So it did this when I was installing the new HU. After I plugged everything in, went to give it some juice, and it did the same thing. So I pulled the main harness from the HU, and voila, all the lights come on and I’m again, “Driver 1”. Seems like something in the HU locks it up, and as soon as I pulled power it was good. I also noticed that the HU side light stayed lit the entire time I was working on it w/ just the memory saver plugged in. Not sure what the hell the deal is but I’m back in business. It’s a good thing I roll with a few tools in the back.. [emoji15][emoji2957]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyhoe24

Latest posts