What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bottomline2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So what do I think of them? If you're a spirited driver I think these are a must have. The truck goes were I point it, finally. Changing lanes with the stock sway bars at high and even low speeds felt boaty and unsure. At high speed cutting in and out of traffic would feel down right dangerous sometimes. Another noticeable benefit is at slow speeds when going around a corner. The truck doesn't lean nearly as much and I don't have to crawl anymore.

Now do I think they are worth $500 as an upgrade? NOPE, but I think they were worth it at the $300 I paid. I would be curious to know how much better the solid Hellwigs sway bars are. Honestly can they be worth double what I paid?

I personally think If your gonna spend between $470-$600 on a suspension upgrade your better off spending a little more on a coil over conversion. The handling from what I hear is better and so is the comfort. Plus your dumping a 40lbs sway bar setup.

Just my opinion.

@HiHoeSilver @M3kanic
You keep the sway bars with the coilover conversion. You do lose the torsion bars so still a weight savings. Is your truck lowered?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T377A using Tapatalk

bottomline2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was looking under the hood today, mapping out location for my catch can on order. Was planning to attach the bracket to the master cylinder, but was pleasantly surprised to find this. I believe this means I have factory hydroboost?

View attachment 213404
That's not a hydroboost system. It's a vacuum assist pump.. https://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/93768-whats-that-thing-bolted-to-the-brake-booster/

Hydroboost basically does the same thing all the time. It runs off your power steering pump. I just learned I can lock up my 24s with a panic stop yesterday so it works. Almost had a new Escalade as a hood ornament ol..

Massfloefi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You keep the sway bars with the coilover conversion. You do lose the torsion bars so still a weight savings. Is your truck lowered?

What I meant was instead of upgrading your existing bars I would spend the money on the coil over conversion. It’s just a extra benefit now if I do the conversion.

I am not lowered.

Last edited:

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
*Well shit. Not a fan of the bypass. Temps are higher even with ambients in the 65* range it just takes much longer to get it up to temp. * My trans cooler is much bigger and thicker than stock too...

I know the pt.net guys run big stalls with a trukool 40k so i figured id be ok. Damnit. Ill have to undelete the rad soon.

Edit: might be ok actually. Turned out it was leaking once it got up to temp bc i had a clamp that was not tight enough.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davekalk