What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i see a booster behind the master. hydro booster is a metal block, you dont see the big round black booster with a vac line/hose to it with hydro boost. you also have p/s lines running to the hydro boost.

Massfloefi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Installed Eibach sway bars today. Just a few shots for comparison.

image3.jpeg

Stock rear sway bar slightly taller.

image5.jpeg

Thickness comparison. Only slightly larger and weight seemed the same.

image6.jpeg

Front sway bar.

image1.jpeg

Height comparison to stock.

image2.jpeg

Thickness comparison. This was noticeably bigger and heavier.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score

Massfloefi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So what do I think of them? If you're a spirited driver I think these are a must have. The truck goes were I point it, finally. Changing lanes with the stock sway bars at high and even low speeds felt boaty and unsure. At high speed cutting in and out of traffic would feel down right dangerous sometimes. Another noticeable benefit is at slow speeds when going around a corner. The truck doesn't lean nearly as much and I don't have to crawl anymore.

Now do I think they are worth $500 as an upgrade? NOPE, but I think they were worth it at the $300 I paid. I would be curious to know how much better the solid Hellwigs sway bars are. Honestly can they be worth double what I paid?

I personally think If your gonna spend between $470-$600 on a suspension upgrade your better off spending a little more on a coil over conversion. The handling from what I hear is better and so is the comfort. Plus your dumping a 40lbs sway bar setup.

Just my opinion.

@HiHoeSilver @M3kanic

Last edited:

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
So what do I think of them? If you're a spirited driver I think these are a must have. The truck goes were I point it, finally. Changing lanes with the stock sway bars at high and even low speeds felt boaty and unsure. At high speed cutting in and out of traffic would feel down right dangerous sometimes. Another noticeable benefit is at slow speeds when going around a corner. The truck doesn't lean nearly as much and I don't have to crawl anymore.

Now do I think they are worth $500 as an upgrade. NOPE, but I think they were worth it at the $300 I paid. I would be curious to know how much better the solid Hellwigs sway bars are. Honestly can they be worth double what I paid?

I personally think If your gonna spend between $470-$600 on a suspension upgrade your better off spending a little more on a coil over conversion. The handling from what I hear is better and so is the comfort. Plus your dumping a 40lbs sway bar setup.

Just my opinion.

@HiHoeSilver @M3kanic
Just curious--did you use poly replacement bushings? I'm guessing you probably did:D

Massfloefi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just curious--did you use poly replacement bushings? I'm guessing you probably did:D

Yes I did as they were supplied with them and the front sway bar came with new links. I believe those are poly as well.

Last edited:

drowssap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Installed Eibach sway bars today. Just a few shots for comparison.

I have the Belltechs front and rear to install on my Yukon....I think I read they were the equivalents to the Eibachs. Could be wrong! Do you happen to know if there is a difference other than color?

Massfloefi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the Belltechs front and rear to install on my Yukon....I think I read they were the equivalents to the Eibachs. Could be wrong! Do you happen to know if there is a difference other than color?

This is what I found. If summits sizes are correct. Not sure about weights.

Eibach
Front 35mm
Rear 32mm

Belltech
Front 36mm
Rear 30mm

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
griffey_mojo