What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bombsquad85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just replaced my belts, wipers and windshield washer fluid motors. While testing the motors I pulled a dummy move and turned the key to on but not start. Motors are fine but I killed my battery. Rolled it out of the mountain that is my driveway so my neighbor could help and jump it. While turning it on..... I locked my keys in the truck. First time I have ever done that.

Positive note. The belts were super easy to swap. Washer motors were an absolute *****. You have to pull the battery, the battery tray and the reservoir, in my case the driver front wheel. And fender liner.

20180925_161737.jpg

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Just replaced my belts, wipers and windshield washer fluid motors. While testing the motors I pulled a dummy move and turned the key to on but not start. Motors are fine but I killed my battery. Rolled it out of the mountain that is my driveway so my neighbor could help and jump it. While turning it on..... I locked my keys in the truck. First time I have ever done that.

Positive note. The belts were super easy to swap. Washer motors were an absolute *****. You have to pull the battery, the battery tray and the reservoir, in my case the driver front wheel. And fender liner.

View attachment 208091
At least your driveway slops down and you didn't have to push it up hill! Hopefully you have a spare set of keys too. Wonder why the NBS never came with the push buttons on the door like fords have.

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used that on my wife's car. Works pretty well I need to replace my filter.... the metal wiring holding it together is rusting

The end of mine was rusting from water sitting in the low spot. I painted it black as you can’t see the chrome end cap anyways.

It will be getting a fresh coat when it comes off.

Bombsquad85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
At least your driveway slops down and you didn't have to push it up hill! Hopefully you have a spare set of keys too. Wonder why the NBS never came with the push buttons on the door like fords have.

Lol true. My wife has the spare set. Shes home now. She thinks it was a ploy to get her out of work early lol

Bombsquad85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So front washer motor doesn't work..... I got a new battery and rear brakes today so I'll see if I can pull the washer reservoir again tomorrow to get it to work while I have the battery out..... again. Rear brakes shouldn't be that long. I might give it another shot at the free travel mod.

I went with a duralast platinum battery and duralast gold brakes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
montanaboy65