What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bombsquad85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What "buffer"? I still see swirls and holograms. You should try a dual action polisher with a more aggressive cut. You can still get a sweet polish on that old girl.

Looks better then mine though!

Yea I should use the term buffer very loosely haha I need to get my hands on something better. I've been eyeballing the one at harbor freight for the price it seems like a good deal

Bombsquad85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What "buffer"? I still see swirls and holograms. You should try a dual action polisher with a more aggressive cut. You can still get a sweet polish on that old girl.

Looks better then mine though!

Oh and I didn't touch the hood it needs repaint along with the roof and front bumper.

Also I need to paint my wheels the chrome is hideous haha

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
i got a HF dual action buffer. things worth its weight in gold.

i say grab some hd compound and a real buffer and get after that hood. if theres clear left it will shine.

when i first got my regal the paint was dead, it all came back.

View attachment 192788

after.

View attachment 192789
Ha.... had the same red pickup.. silverado chrome moldings, pwr w/l, tilt, a/c, 4sp maybe even same lift....

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that was my brothers old square body. hes Sasquatch here with a 05 yukon.

that used to be tan, was painted that gm burnt pumpkin color. long since sold too. he even had dana rears front and back on it.

Bombsquad85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i got a HF dual action buffer. things worth its weight in gold.

i say grab some hd compound and a real buffer and get after that hood. if theres clear left it will shine.

when i first got my regal the paint was dead, it all came back.

View attachment 192788

after.

View attachment 192789

Nice! There's a big 6"x6" patch with no clear on the hood it needs a respray

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice! There's a big 6"x6" patch with no clear on the hood it needs a respray

thats fixable all DIY style. you can lightly sand that area with some 2500 wet sand paper, then shoot it with clear, (most parts stores have clear in stock) then wet sand it again, then buff the scratches out.

i also went and repainted both bumpers off my regal, they suffered the old gm missing paint syndrome, i used rattle can duplicolor black semi metallic and you cant really tell i did it, not a pro.

bumper when i bought it, came from newark NJ, parking they were not good at.

back bumper.jpg

cut off al the nicks, sanded, filled.
bumperwork filler.jpg

last sanding.
bumperwork sanded.jpg
took it off, wet sanded the edges, final cleaning, then primed and painted, cleared and reinstalled it.
bumperwork painted and cleared.jpg
then wet sanded it and buffed.
bumperwork wet sanded and buffed.jpg

this was my first shot at a large scale painting job, like they all say, its all prep, thats the work. painting part is easy.

4myfreedom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thats fixable all DIY style. you can lightly sand that area with some 2500 wet sand paper, then shoot it with clear, (most parts stores have clear in stock) then wet sand it again, then buff the scratches out.

i also went and repainted both bumpers off my regal, they suffered the old gm missing paint syndrome, i used rattle can duplicolor black semi metallic and you cant really tell i did it, not a pro.

bumper when i bought it, came from newark NJ, parking they were not good at.

View attachment 192798

cut off al the nicks, sanded, filled.
View attachment 192799

last sanding.
View attachment 192800
took it off, wet sanded the edges, final cleaning, then primed and painted, cleared and reinstalled it.
View attachment 192801
then wet sanded it and buffed.
View attachment 192802

this was my first shot at a large scale painting job, like they all say, its all prep, thats the work. painting part is easy.
Man that came out beautifully

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons