What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wish we had like the square body rear tailgates with roll down rear glass. That would be legit.View attachment 184665
EXACTLY! I've seen it on a few OBS SUVs as well. It must have been a VERY rare option because in the last 20+ years I can only recall ever seeing maybe 5-6 of them at most with the roll down rear window and fold down "tailgate" instead of the rear barn doors.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I rather have barns for functionality, but I'm form over function and prefer the smooth look of the hatch.:p
Wish we had like the square body rear tailgates with roll down rear glass. That would be legit.View attachment 184665
I like my hatch, after the wiper was shaved that is. Easy to load without leaning over the lowered tailgate, good view when driving, and the hatch itself is like an awning when it's raining so I can put my PPE on when I get to a job site or I'm loading groceries or anything else.

Sevenevez

Supporting Member
Reaction score
What does the pistol grip one look like?

pistol grip has kinda fat grip areas at 3 and 9

bitw.jpg

This one (below) is really the style i wanted.
When i contacted Autowoods i told them i wanted this style of wheel but in pewter/blackwood. He said that person doesnt work there anymore that made them. Which is too bad because this style is awesome to me. I believe it may have been done for an avalanche

aw.png

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
pistol grip has kinda fat grip areas at 3 and 9

bitw.jpg

This one (below) is really the style i wanted.
When i contacted Autowoods i told them i wanted this style of wheel but in pewter/blackwood. He said that person doesnt work there anymore that made them. Which is too bad because this style is awesome to me. I believe it may have been done for an avalanche

aw.png
The one on the bottom is much nicer.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
20171015_111631.jpg 20171015_112252.jpg

So this happened today. M&A Muffler and Brake in Lombard, IL. Met me on a Sunday morning. Let me hang around in the shop, line it up the way I wanted it, inspect his welds OCD style. Put the lift up and down for me to see how the tip sat. Added a heavy duty hanger. Can't say enough good things. Oh yeah, $125. Sounds brutal. On cold start, it's awesome and settles down right quick. On throttle, it's pretty loud :head3:. At idle, it's a bit deeper than stock, but won't bother neighbors as long as I get down the block gently. Lovin it. Will get video when I get a few minutes... Got a rehearsal to get to.

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It does cost a few hundred to weld those holes up and repaint the hatch but I think it's worth it. Nice to have that wiper gone though, huh?
Damn that looks good even with the plugs unpainted on black. Im gonna have to do this. My wiper arm is missing paint and looks bad, my wife even commented on it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ZACKSTAHOE