What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Took it for a 3-hour drive through the Cascade Mountains up to the middle of nowhere, trying to escape the heat. Got a few glamour shots of it before the cowl hood goes on. Mt. Hood and Mt. Jefferson are in the background of 2 of the pictures. My Alaskan Husky Kujo is in the driver's seat.

IMG_5430.JPG

IMG_5436.JPG

IMG_5439.JPG

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Early in the week got my new trans cooler installed. Best upgrade I've done So far. Especially after getting my trans rebuilt in the spring. Drove off the mountain last night to a big country bar I like to go to for country line dancing at and then back up. Whole trip trans temp never went above 150. Also got time,to swap out my hatch glass for the one I picked up off an esky with the esky third brake light and assembly I picked up recently. Got the swap done and it looks fantastic! Some pics of the cooler and then a before and after shot of my tailgate.

0816161312.jpg

0816161846d.jpg

0819161307.jpg

0819161307a.jpg

pnwdan

Cunning linguist
Reaction score
Early in the week got my new trans cooler installed. Best upgrade I've done So far. Especially after getting my trans rebuilt in the spring. Drove off the mountain last night to a big country bar I like to go to for country line dancing at and then back up. Whole trip trans temp never went above 150. Also got time,to swap out my hatch glass for the one I picked up off an esky with the esky third brake light and assembly I picked up recently. Got the swap done and it looks fantastic! Some pics of the cooler and then a before and after shot of my tailgate.

View attachment 65802

View attachment 65803

View attachment 65804

View attachment 65805
Didn't your D come with one? Mine never reaches over 150. Just did a 550 mile road trip across our state loaded down with kids n crap. Cruised at 80 the whole way.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@pnwdan , yes it had the stock cooler. However the stock cooler that came out was ridiculously small. It was tiny. I live up in the mountains full time at about 7000 ft in elevation so I regularly see pretty warm trans temps. Especially cuz I run it with all of my detailing gear in the back and I drive alot during the day back and forth across town. So the tru cool was well worth the price in my opinion.

pnwdan

Cunning linguist
Reaction score
@pnwdan , yes it had the stock cooler. However the stock cooler that came out was ridiculously small. It was tiny. I live up in the mountains full time at about 7000 ft in elevation so I regularly see pretty warm trans temps. Especially cuz I run it with all of my detailing gear in the back and I drive alot during the day back and forth across town. So the tru cool was well worth the price in my opinion.
Good point about the elevation

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jcraddick11

Latest posts