What brand of fluids?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sealandsky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What brand fluids are you all using for you trucks?

1. Oil
2. Transmission Fluid
3. Front diff
4. Rear diff
5. Transfer case

I usually use Mobil 1 in my other vehicles. I just got this 2019 Yukon and I was going to change the oil. I see that you need to use Dexos 1 approved oil. I saw the other day at Farm and Fleet that Peak oil was Dexos approved.

Just wondering what you all use.

TIA
Engine: Mobile 1 0-20W all day long. GM fluids everywhere else.

Tiredmechanic23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m in the process of doing all the changes now too.

Went with Valvoline synthetic across the board.

I use valvoline synthetic for the engine but thats about it. I use Mobile 1 for the trans because of the TSB and I found its cheaper by the large case. I use Delco for the rear end.

I have always used valvoline on every vehicle with 0 issues. Only car I used something else on was my RX-7 I used Castrol GTX 20w-50 in it.

mb1500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Highest quality fluid that I can afford to change at a proper interval that meets certifications set fourth by the vehicle MFR at the specified viscosity. Brand is irrelevant to me.

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good luck with this post. You will be more confused than when you started with all the different opinions. Just use good quality fluids and you should be fine.

ThisIsLivin

Reaction score
Amsoil. I have 360,000 on my 03 Suburban and a compression check is still like new. I have beat that thing to death and it runs better than new and is the smoothest idling vehicle I own. I run Amsoil in everything from my 700hp offshore to my 38 year old lawnmower with the original sparkplug. I drive a ton and have driven over a million miles in 5 different vehicles. I put a catch can on my 15 Denalli and I get almost no condensate because the oil isn't separating. My hot idle oil pressure doesn't change from old oil to new when I do an oil change at 10k miles. When you look at the lab tests and certification tests Amsoil is always the best. I've got $80k into my Yukon Denalli and I am not going to skimp on Walmart oil. I used to be a certified master mechanic and have done a ton of monitoring on various hot rods I've built and most of the oil out there is junk. I've seen name brand oil start breaking down at 300 miles.

tsuintx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Amsoil. I have 360,000 on my 03 Suburban and a compression check is still like new. I have beat that thing to death and it runs better than new and is the smoothest idling vehicle I own.

My son-in-law has an 02 Sierra 4.3 V6 with 420K+ miles his grandpa bought brand new and gave to him when he went to college. At the time it had 250K+ miles. Knowing his grandpa and how stingy he is, I can guarantee you that thing hasn't had Amsoil, let alone a whole lot of synthetic oil ran through it over all those miles/years. I know my SIL hasn't. And that thing still just keeps chugging along with no running issues.

Just saying...

jasonb100272

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
What brand fluids are you all using for you trucks?

1. Oil
2. Transmission Fluid
3. Front diff
4. Rear diff
5. Transfer case

I usually use Mobil 1 in my other vehicles. I just got this 2019 Yukon and I was going to change the oil. I see that you need to use Dexos 1 approved oil. I saw the other day at Farm and Fleet that Peak oil was Dexos approved.

Just wondering what you all use.

TIA
For engine mobile 1.. tyranny, and diff i run BG but have read on transfer case only gm smurf lub. So that what I did. The transmission i thought was quite before I swapped it but it changed how smooth it is now. But there are a lot of good products. Out there

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
montanaboy65