What brand of fluids?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Power_Dr

Reaction score
What brand fluids are you all using for you trucks?

1. Oil
2. Transmission Fluid
3. Front diff
4. Rear diff
5. Transfer case

I usually use Mobil 1 in my other vehicles. I just got this 2019 Yukon and I was going to change the oil. I see that you need to use Dexos 1 approved oil. I saw the other day at Farm and Fleet that Peak oil was Dexos approved.

Just wondering what you all use.

TIA

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1. castrol
2. castrol
3. castrol
4. castrol
5. castrol
anyway i do prefer castrol lubricants as ive never had an issue with any of them. had a few cases where it performed better than a different brand i had chosen due to sales. only oil ill never touch is quakerstate they may have changed thier formula so the issue i had apparently doesn't happen anymore but whatever.

BlackYukon

I'm kind of a Retard
Reaction score

1. Oil
2. Transmission Fluid
3. Front diff
4. Rear diff
5. Transfer case

I usually use Mobil 1 in my other vehicles. I just got this 2019 Yukon and I was going to change the oil. I see that you need to use Dexos 1 approved oil. I saw the other day at Farm and Fleet that Peak oil was Dexos approved.

TIA
Amsoil

tsuintx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ahh... Oil thread, the master of all fun on teh interwebs. :D

Jason in DLH

Cheeseburger and Fries
Reaction score
I’m in the process of doing all the changes now too.

Went with Valvoline synthetic across the board.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score

1. Oil
2. Transmission Fluid
3. Front diff
4. Rear diff
5. Transfer case

TIA

ACDelco! There's a guy who runs Red Line fluids in his pickup truck and has documented increases in his gas mileage with their fluids in the engine and transmission and such. That would be Grumpy Bear over at GM-Trucks. I picked up about a quarter mpg by switching off of M1 to ACDelco oil.

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ACDelco! There's a guy who runs Red Line fluids in his pickup truck and has documented increases in his gas mileage with their fluids in the engine and transmission and such. That would be Grumpy Bear over at GM-Trucks. I picked up about a quarter mpg by switching off of M1 to ACDelco oil.

It is either AC Delco or Mobil 1 EP. Nothing else but those two.

I am learning more toward AC Delco as the engine seems slightly quieter and slightly better gas mileage. Only AC Delco Filters.

Either one will work extremely well in a 5.3 or 6.2.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne