What are your stock fender heights?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

99Yuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As measured from the ground to the fender lip centered over each wheel?
Mine are 35" all the way around, on stock rims and tires.

I thought that the fronts are lower than the rears from factory giving a kinda raked look? Hence the term leveling, which is cranking the fronts to be level with the rears? How is it that mine are the same height? I have two new complete rear leaf spring packs, so I should not have any sag in the rear.

So what are your stock trucks measurements?

bub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
they should have a rake to them. are you the original owner? if not, maybe the guy before you cranked up the front end to level.

TigerEyz3

Slow and Steady
Reaction score
As previously stated, it could have been leveled by previous owner. Also, IIRC, the fenders aren't in the same location F/R anyway. I want to say that the depth of the front fender wells are deeper for turning clearance under compression (though it could just be an illusion).

OP
OP
99Yuk

99Yuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Boy, I forgot about this thread. I was asking because I'm not fond of the front being the same height as the rear.

No, I'm not the original owner, so they may be cranked already, I'll have to take a look the next time it's up in the air. Thanks for suggesting that. I didn't clue in that a PO may have modded the truck.

If I pick 33" knobby tires for the summer, I'm was planning on cranking the fronts a little to clear, and a 3" block on the rear.

Think 80's here. You know, the Cheech and Chong van. Or better yet the A-team van. The original A-Team van. I know it's hard to do on a 4x4. But that's the look I may go with this summer.

I loved that A-Team van growing up. It was the cats ass and it looked so cool.

EastTXYukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey BowtieFreak, is that 35.5" on your suburban completely stock? Just curious because I had to crank on my t bars to get 35.5" on my 2 door.

The PO of my Yukon obviously didn't know much, because one of the t bar key bolts was backed off a whole lot, and the drivers side sat about an inch lower than the passenger side. I've got it nice and even now at 35 1/2".

If thats stock, I'm excited cause than means I can crank it up some more without getting too close to the stops.

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Stock on little tires, no crank on the bars...I will double check that measurement later but I am pretty certain it is right because the tahoe is about 10" taller and it is a hair under 46" at the fenders

Ok, checked this morning: Front 35.5" front, 34.25" rear

Last edited:

TahoeJim

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have an original OBS Tahoe brochure? I wonder if it had a diagram of the truck showing various measurements...wheelbase, bumper height, ground clearance at rocker panels, etc. You could easily extrapolate what fender height was when the trucks were new and there wasn't 10+ years of usage causing the leaf springs to sag, torsion bars to lose some tension, etc.

My 99 with 80k miles when I bought it last year was sitting fairly low. After getting the rear leafs rebuilt and adjusting the front end to match I think I'm pretty close to how the truck would have been stock.

265/70-17's mounted up, I have my truck set at 36.5". The stock tires on my truck were 245/75-16's and those have an overall height difference of 1.2" (30.5" vs 31.7"), divide that by 2 and my truck with stock tires would be sitting at 35.9".

f6afcc60.gif

T-Bagg

The Esca-Hoe driver.
Reaction score
I dunno. But what ever it is it ain't high enough. As evidenced by the curled and beat steel from the 35's rubbing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kkkkpppp