What is the stock height in the rear of a 2008 yukon denali xl

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KooL_Daddy313

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Replace the worn old factory rear struts with some that said it would give it a 1” rear lift but it seems to still sag in the back like the old shocks do so I’m curious to know what the actual stock height is so I can compare to mine and go from there much appreciated

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
With a Denali, you should have had air/electric shocks in the rear (Z55 suspension). Properly running, those rear shocks would automatically level the truck shortly after starting it, from the compressor located on the rear left underside of the truck.

Did you or a previous owner strip out the Z55 suspension?.

OP
OP
K

KooL_Daddy313

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
With a Denali, you should have had air/electric shocks in the rear (Z55 suspension). Properly running, those rear shocks would automatically level the truck shortly after starting it, from the compressor located on the rear left underside of the truck.

Did you or a previous owner strip out the Z55 suspension?.
No they didn’t it’s still the Z55 setup. I’m familiar with how it works I’m just curious to know how high the rear end should actually be

Blackcar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To me top of wheel opening on front and rear wheels would need to be same if there not off to far you can use front torsion bar to low or raise front to get vehicle even.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No they didn’t it’s still the Z55 setup. I’m familiar with how it works I’m just curious to know how high the rear end should actually be
should be normal height what that is exactly I do not have specs but it shouldn't be sagging, if you reach under the truck and squeeze the shock bellows they should be firm.
you should check them right after you start truck and also after it has sat before you start the truck to confirm they are not leaking down, they should be firm even if it has sat for a extended period of time without starting it. you only need to feel one side as they share one air line.
you can also stand on the rear bumper or a couple people can with it running already and that should make the pump activate and lift the rear end due the added weight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons