What are the most obnoxious hids?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MOBmentality

Has a $25,000 Punch
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have 30,000k in the fogs (pink) and 12,000k in the highs and lows (purple)

to keep the tone of the truck... but im thinking i wanna do a set of 55w laser like beams in my highs that i can aim with the air ride and fry retina...

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Nastiest hids iiiiissssssssssss?

PS ... 30,000k... if you look at them unsheilded in daylight with sunglasses on ... will blind you for a solid minute. (they just dont shoot far)

danimalmax

Full Access Member
Reaction score
aircraft landing lights ftw

or on a budget, buy some kind of headlight or round foglight - with the back part being very reflective of course - drill out holes for hid bulbs, and put about 6 of them in a circle, all within the same housing

might melt it though lol

OP
OP
MOBmentality

MOBmentality

Has a $25,000 Punch
Supporting Member
Reaction score
aircraft landing lights ftw

or on a budget, buy some kind of headlight or round foglight - with the back part being very reflective of course - drill out holes for hid bulbs, and put about 6 of them in a circle, all within the same housing

might melt it though lol

lol i just meant what kelvin do you think tosses the most light furthest..

its a trade off.. 30k is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO bright to look at but not so great for distance..

i was thinking 8000s? 6000s?

NJ04HOE

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The distance would be better with 6k than 8k. It has something to do with the lumens or something like that.

Rollin Thunder

Banned for Repeatedly Insulting Members
Reaction score
4300k is the brightest (throws the farthest) and is what most automakers put in their stock HID systems. Thats what I use and its great.

danimalmax

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ive been wanting to make my headlights and fogs match, i have 4100, i think, for the headlamps, and 5000k for the fogs,

the 4100 have a hint of yellow and the 5000 a hint of blue, maybe i'll try your 4500s

denalianyone

NYBlackLade08
Reaction score
I have 8000k in the fogs and low beams. 6000k will be better and put out sufficient light.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz

Latest posts