What are the most obnoxious hids?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rollin Thunder

Banned for Repeatedly Insulting Members
Reaction score
why the wiring harness? and d1r?

The xenarcs use D1R HID bulbs which is the only street legel HID bulb for a reflector housing (R is reflector). Another bulb wont fit. Also the 55W HIDS draw alot more power at startup than the 35W do, sometimes more than the stock wiring harness can give. Causing a failed start of the HID bulb, Shorting the life of the ballasts and bulbs.

danimalmax

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The xenarcs use D1R HID bulbs which is the only street legel HID bulb for a reflector housing (R is reflector). Another bulb wont fit. Also the 55W HIDS draw alot more power at startup than the 35W do, sometimes more than the stock wiring harness can give. Causing a failed start of the HID bulb, Shorting the life of the ballasts and bulbs.

doesnt ddm offer a harness for this?

thanks for the heads up on the bulbs though, brightheadlights didnt tell me this, and i almost ordered 4500k 9006's from ddm

also, i went to ddmtuning.com and they have d1r bulbs under "replacement bulbs" can i use these?

the weird thing is that d1r bulbs arent an option under the 35 and 55 watt hid kits

this is my plan and i hope it works:

buy 55w hid kit to replace the ones in my xenarcs
buy 5000k d1r bulbs (to achieve whiter light due to washout)
buy ddmtuning harness to be safe

---------- Post added at 09:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:07 PM ----------

RT!

BOSS

The People's A D M I N
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So when does the woman get to take this hoe and call it her own?

BOSS

Rollin Thunder

Reaction score
bumping the thread

IM not sure they make the harness for a 55W. But you will also have to swap out the ballests. So this is a big project. 55W is only better when your using a kit if you want more light. With a 35W kit in a HID housing your light is actually better than a 55W kit in a stock housing. So your already ahead of the game.

OP
OP
MOBmentality

MOBmentality

Has a $25,000 Punch
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So when does the woman get to take this hoe and call it her own?

BOSS

she is driving it pretty much daily now.. it just wne t back in to get some trimming done to get the back to tuck a lil more rim and to move the radiator overflow to a smaller race style one so we could cut some more fender out

trying to get it to lay side steps.. but its taking alot of work..

we just bought me an 07 c230 sport 6cyl 4dr black on black with titanium trim.... and she has been in that lately....

sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo she isnt complaining too much about the truck being in the shop lol

(ps we just go engaged... put the ring in a bottle and tied it to a weight and threw it in the ocean hahahahahaha we took a walk and found it rolling up onto the sand)

danimalmax

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IM not sure they make the harness for a 55W. But you will also have to swap out the ballests. So this is a big project. 55W is only better when your using a kit if you want more light. With a 35W kit in a HID housing your light is actually better than a 55W kit in a stock housing. So your already ahead of the game.

lets just say i get 55W ballasts and 9006 bulbs, what if i take off the 35W ballasts and get rid of the D1R bulbs, and put the 55W kit with the 9006 bulbs in my x2020s, wouldnt that work? and be even brighter?

Rollin Thunder

Reaction score
lets just say i get 55W ballasts and 9006 bulbs, what if i take off the 35W ballasts and get rid of the D1R bulbs, and put the 55W kit with the 9006 bulbs in my x2020s, wouldnt that work? and be even brighter?

the 9006's wont fit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia

Latest posts