Welcome to the service Vortex... FML...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rook

Reaction score
Edited: Shorter Story.

Catalytic converters are bad on 2008 Yukon Denali. Ordered Magnaflow cats and full exhaust. Couldn't find time or tools to install. Shop installed, but now:
- runs like hell. Like, a house is hitched to it. Doesn't want to go over 2k RPM without flooring it.
- vibration in steering wheel, in pedals during acceleration. not like a wheel bearing, but like something else...
- popping under floorboard where cats are.

Shop found it was slightly touching frame. No explanation for the rest. As far as they know, this is how it always drove, "feels fine". It is completely screwed up though, I know better. For anyone that has driven these, you can tell right away.

They told me they had to remove my transmission crossmember, although I don't see that they removed it from the transmission - so I'm guessing they had to jack up the transmission to move it out of the way slightly. Maybe I'm in for some really screwed up drivetrain fun in the future?

These guys are only muffler tech's. It's a small private place, not like a chain, but still it shouldn't have been a difficult job. Now, I've got who the heck knows what all going on...

Any thoughts?

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

rook

Reaction score
None. I'm thinking it's the transfer case. Does anyone know what we have in our 2008 denali's, NP2xx???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MrAguirrechu

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Does the vibration happen when coming to a stop or at highway speeds?
I'm having similar symptoms without the popping under floorboards and the mechanic said it's my torque converter.
2007 Yukon SLT

OP
OP
R

rook

Reaction score
Acceleration, less at higher speeds. Torque converter... I think it's the transfer case, or front diff because it is on the driver side. I sat on the passenger side to let someone else feel it and it was less noticeable. I'm less certain now if it is the tcase or diff. I might just rebuild the tcase and see, I think the front diff is more expensive/difficult rebuild...

OP
OP
R

rook

Reaction score
Acceleration, less at higher speeds. Torque converter... I think it's the transfer case, or front diff because it is on the driver side. I sat on the passenger side to let someone else feel it and it was less noticeable. I'm less certain now if it is the tcase or diff. I might just rebuild the tcase and see, I think the front diff is more expensive/difficult rebuild...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BattleBorn