Service 4WD message

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CLN AZ CADDY

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello Everybody, a lil helpful advice needed for the new guy. While driving around the parking lot looking for a park I made a low speed left turn truck just cut off mid turn , lights , heat , radio was still working engine just shut off. Not knowing what happen I put it in park started it back up everything was fine proceeded to park in a space . next morning after work got a service 4WD messages during the started up first time ever . Didn’t think too much of it seeing as how I could easily hit the select button and dismiss it like a Bluetooth connected message and drove home maybe a 15min issue free trip until I made it home and attempted to back in the driveway I notice the truck was struggling to move while turning almost as if I was applying the break. Once the wheel was straight it rolled freely . It’s now parked afraid to move it thinking I may break something or get stranded out in open traffic somewhere causing further damage . After reading different posts I realize I can’t toggle my truck out of auto into 2wd either . Does anyone have any successful solutions with resolving this common issue I would really appreciate it whether it be DIY or results from a mechanic . The dealer is only 4-5 miles away does my truck need to be towed there or can I drive it ? Thanks guys

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
If you can get a scanner on it that will read the 4wd codes, post up what code is triggering the Service 4WD message.

OP
OP
CLN AZ CADDY

CLN AZ CADDY

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
If you can get a scanner on it that will read the 4wd codes, post up what code is triggering the Service 4WD message.
Will do .. planning on taking into the shop this week wasn’t for sure I could drive it or tow it there . Thanks for responding

Marky Dissod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
... driving around the parking lot looking for a park I made a low speed left turn truck just cut off mid turn, lights, heat, radio was still working engine just shut off.
... attempted to back in the driveway I notice the truck was struggling to move while turning almost as if I was applying the brake. Once the wheel was straight it rolled freely.
Did you only experience symptoms while the steering wheel was NOT straight?

OP
OP
CLN AZ CADDY

CLN AZ CADDY

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Did you only experience symptoms while the steering wheel was NOT straight?
That’s correct .. it’s not until I attempted to swing the truck around to back in I noticed the truck wanting to stop kinda like having the break on . No grinding or popping noise . Once the wheel was straight it rolled backwards smoothly

Marky Dissod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can you make the symptom appear simply by turning the steering wheel, or does the truck need to move forward or backward?
Basically trying to make it easier for you to replicate the symptom for your mech.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan

Latest posts