Low voltage to cam sensor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Trey Hardy

8” fabtech icon coilovers uniballs 24x14on35/15.50
Reaction score
Hey fellas I’m probably going to go pick up a avalanche to swap the powertrain into my Tahoe beings it has 160,000 miles
Trucks got bad rust and was owned by by a marine who said he come back from deployment and it was having issues starting and idling and after taking it to a shop they said it was due to a low voltage issue to cam sensor.
What would be causing this? Battery or alternator? Chaffed wire maybe? I’m going to get it when I get home this week I’m trading the 4 wheeler for it.

I’ll be deleting the dod once the motor comes out the avalanche
Interior is also perfect black on black so I’m looking forward to swapping the seats into the Tahoe also
Also has some nice fuel assult wheels on it which will be nice to have for a spare setup for alignments and what not

strutaeng

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, since you mentioned rust: maybe green crusties on a wire? Possibly at the ECU or fuseblock?

Do you know if it's low voltage to the 5V reference?

OP
OP
Trey Hardy

Trey Hardy

8” fabtech icon coilovers uniballs 24x14on35/15.50
Reaction score
Well, since you mentioned rust: maybe green crusties on a wire? Possibly at the ECU or fuseblock?

Do you know if it's low voltage to the 5V reference?
Don’t know until I get there in person. I was thinking the same though because the fender and bed and rockers are eat up but the rest of the truck looks to be in great shape… if anything I’ll reuse my ecu and wiring harness I just wanted to know what to be looking for I plan to give it a good drive it like I stole it test drive and I’ll tell him to do the same with the quad so we’re both happy with what we’re getting

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar