The Shakes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GUEWEY

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
PLEASE HELP....Had the transmission replaced in my 2009 cadillac escalade 6.2 by cottmans trasmission.The day i picked it up,the tranny went out that night.They ordered another one and 2 weeks after,i started having other issues.The other day i went to work on a customers car.Turned my truck off and when i went to start it,it was shaking like crazy.Says random misfire and nothing more.Cottmans towed it back to them and said to change my plugs and wires.Did that and its doing the same thing.Before they worked on my truck,i didnt have these issues.and now,they declined to do any further work to my truck.Any ideas on why its still a random misfire

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pinched or damaged wire harness would be my guess. Ground not landed, etc

97YukonNZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
PLEASE HELP....Had the transmission replaced in my 2009 cadillac escalade 6.2 by cottmans trasmission.The day i picked it up,the tranny went out that night.They ordered another one and 2 weeks after,i started having other issues.The other day i went to work on a customers car.Turned my truck off and when i went to start it,it was shaking like crazy.Says random misfire and nothing more.Cottmans towed it back to them and said to change my plugs and wires.Did that and its doing the same thing.Before they worked on my truck,i didnt have these issues.and now,they declined to do any further work to my truck.Any ideas on why its still a random misfire
Could it be a vacuum leak? An air leak in the valley or a vacuum line disconnect .
The didn't take the distributor out and are 180° out or maybe a couple if lead positions out causing the miss.
Could be an easy fix.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
caprajohn

Latest posts