Weird smell from windsheild washer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
ECaseyP

ECaseyP

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Don't know yet if this was a mistake or smart, but I put some pool algae and bacteria killer in the reservoir. It smells like a swimming pool when you spray the washer right now. Ill try to run through the whole reservoir this coming week.20230729_183618.jpg

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don't know yet if this was a mistake or smart, but I put some pool algae and bacteria killer in the reservoir. It smells like a swimming pool when you spray the washer right now. Ill try to run through the whole reservoir this coming week.View attachment 405012
Don't leave it in there long, as chlorine can really be abusive to rubber o-ring seals.

YukonRog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah it was me that posted about the "Alien Spores" in my washer fluid. It was a plant based fluid by Peak that had been opened and put back on the shelf. Apparently, once the air hits it they grow. I didn't notice the black globs and poured some into the reservoir before noticing. I used a small HF hand pump to remove all the bad stuff. Don't run your pump any longer than absolutely necessary to flush the lines with the good stuff afterwards. I wouldn't replace the reservoir unless it's leaking. Put some rubbing alcohol in it. 1 cup per gallon max. That will cure the smell.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
montanaboy65