Weird ring around new Nitto 420s

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Good question.

35 PSI.
For the record, I ran 37-39 in my 295/35/24. If I had 22s I would run 36 or 37.

---------- Post added at 06:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:15 PM ----------

http://www.nittotire.com/Tire/nt420s#size

Look at this chart for example. The largest 24 inch size has a smaller load rating than the largest 20 inch size, both at 50 PSI.
This means the 24" wheel needs a higher pressure to achieve what the 20" tire achieves at a lower pressure.
This chart also means that, on the same vehicle, the 24 inch tire needs to be pumped more than the 20 inch tire to have a normal tread-ground contact width, while the 20 can be pumped less.
Kapish?

2011Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
[/COLOR]BTW, a lot of tire shop employees know nothing about tires and wheels outside simply mounting/repairing them on machines.

Hey hey hey dont paint all of us tire guys with the same brush. Hahaha. I dont work for discount tires. Tires/wheels/suspension etc. Is the only thing ive done since i was 16 so i've made a career out of it and is what i plan on doing till i retire. I take slight offense to that comment but ill forgive you. You seem like an ok dude i know you didnt mean it. Hahaha.

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Hey hey hey dont paint all of us tire guys with the same brush. Hahaha. I dont work for discount tires. Tires/wheels/suspension etc. Is the only thing ive done since i was 16 so i've made a career out of it and is what i plan on doing till i retire. I take slight offense to that comment but ill forgive you. You seem like an ok dude i know you didnt mean it. Hahaha.

:Handshake:
I was not directing it at you. I know two people who specifically work at Discount Tire. One just works there for money (like most of their employees do) and the other knows a lot about tires. He is pretty much passionate about wheels/tires.

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea I go there bc they have the cheapest prices on tires... I figured they would know what PSI to put in a tire considering how many cars they do a day lol

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Yea I go there bc they have the cheapest prices on tires... I figured they would know what PSI to put in a tire considering how many cars they do a day lol
They generally do depending on how many aftermarket deals they do. Down south, they are the best place to go for aftermarket tires and tire related issues. Sometime you just have to tell them what you want. Places like Firestone are a no no.

2011Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:Handshake:
I was not directing it at you. I know two people who specifically work at Discount Tire. One just works there for money (like most of their employees do) and the other knows a lot about tires. He is pretty much passionate about wheels/tires.

Oh yeah i know you did say " alot of " so i was just giving you a hard time. Its all good.

Felix-- i work for a company primarily in the northwest, we have about 430 stores wa,or, idaho, montana, cali, utah, and a couple in alaska. This summer we are building 5 new stores in Denver so keep an eye out. Im sure you'll love the service and experience/knowledge that we have to offer.

edgaranah1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh yeah i know you did say " alot of " so i was just giving you a hard time. Its all good.

Felix-- i work for a company primarily in the northwest, we have about 430 stores wa,or, idaho, montana, cali, utah, and a couple in alaska. This summer we are building 5 new stores in Denver so keep an eye out. Im sure you'll love the service and experience/knowledge that we have to offer.

What's the companies name?

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Nice! If they have competitive prices then I might be buying my next set of tires there!

2011Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What's the companies name?

I dont like to throw it on the forums just because but it is my occupation on my profile. We have 5 going in Fresno also which seems to be quite a ways north of you unfortunately.

---------- Post added at 09:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:26 AM ----------

Oh i am sure we will have very competive prices, trying to establish our name/brand/reputation in a new market.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cpellegrino

Latest posts