Weathertec Mudflaps Installed!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JamesZ71

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
PXL_20231014_192726478.jpgPXL_20231014_192712781.jpg
I'm not sure why Tahoe mudflaps are damn near impossible to find a picture of them actually on the vehicle. But here they are, on a 23 z71 the fit and texture finish is a great match for the stock plastic on the bottom. I would recommend these to anyone looking for a set of mudflaps

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thank you for posting the results of your mud flap addition.

Did you have to do any drilling to attach them?

OP
OP
J

JamesZ71

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
No drilling or anything required, also included with the mudflaps is the small torx bit for taking the screws out and in. All that's needed is a small ratchet and bit driver. Entire install was done in 15 minutes

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
No drilling or anything required, also included with the mudflaps is the small torx bit for taking the screws out and in. All that's needed is a small ratchet and bit driver. Entire install was done in 15 minutes
Thank you for your reply. Much appreciated.

NothEastTahoe

Reaction score
Thanks for this post, just ordered some, might add a few photos after they come in. What a pain trying to find any photos, or even information about how big they are.

I Drove home behind my wife today and the amount of road spray these vehicles put out is insane, all over the car. Even if you don't care about the people behind you, care about yourselves and put a set of mud flaps on is my recommendation.

NothEastTahoe

Reaction score
Here to post some more photos.

Installation was easy, and they have better coverage than I had hoped for, but I won't say its the same as a gatorback set.

The front one is a little shorter, but should still cut down a bit of spray. When installing the front, you'll want to turn your wheels.

If you have a powered 1/4 inch driver you will be happy happy, mine isn't so it was a manual ratchet. Not too bad though.

Attachments

• backwheel1.jpeg
    backwheel1.jpeg
    348.7 KB · Views: 8
  • backwheel2.jpeg
    backwheel2.jpeg
    300.8 KB · Views: 8
  • backwheel3.jpeg
    backwheel3.jpeg
    335.6 KB · Views: 8
  • front1.jpeg
    front1.jpeg
    331.1 KB · Views: 6
  • front2.jpeg
    front2.jpeg
    454.3 KB · Views: 8

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haven't gotten a clear response to this question yet... but do the supplied stick-on paint protection strips that come with these get applied to the INNER lip of the wheel well, or on the OUTER edge of the wheel well/fender? In my mind, you can make the case for it going on either surface. I'm thinking it should go on the outside (where any paint wear would be most visible if you removed the flaps later on), but who knows?

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Haven't gotten a clear response to this question yet... but do the supplied stick-on paint protection strips that come with these get applied to the INNER lip of the wheel well, or on the OUTER edge of the wheel well/fender? In my mind, you can make the case for it going on either surface. I'm thinking it should go on the outside (where any paint wear would be most visible if you removed the flaps later on), but who knows?

Here.

Attachments

• 5773instrdoc.pdf
    117.9 KB · Views: 4
  • 5673instrdoc.pdf
    526.9 KB · Views: 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luggz