Washing with hard water

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hcvone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How many washes do you get per resin cartridge? I thought about going this route awhile ago but the $175 for a new cartridge changed my mind. I heard it costs $5-10 per wash because of this.
I have well water, get between 10-20 washes, some times slightly more, the big difference is because it depends on where the well system is in terms of it's filters at the time your washings. It's far from cheap, I was a trail for this company in the 90's because of the car care business, but now I have to buy it like everyone else, and I do because it does work well

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have well water, get between 10-20 washes, some times slightly more, the big difference is because it depends on where the well system is in terms of it's filters at the time your washings. It's far from cheap, I was a trail for this company in the 90's because of the car care business, but now I have to buy it like everyone else, and I do because it does work well
Thanks for that info.

EZ Money

Reaction score
I recommend adding a hose bib to your soft water system. You can do it right at the wall, where your soft water system is installing (garage). More than likely, your house's hose bib is NOT on the soft water loop.
I also recommend keeping the vehicle wet until you are ready to dry it.

Additionally, you can have a ceramic sealant applied that will help to stop spotting.

Fatrusty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I lived and worked in St. Helens Oregon for 30 years as a firefighter. The water was terrible for spotting the equipment. We would drill and before we got back to quarters the water had spotted and just kept building up. We used acid to clean the spots but if you left it on the aluminum diamond plate it would etch it.
All my personal cars were wash in the shade, squeegee, towel off right away.

bob3700

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Across the river from the Arch in St. Louis
Hey does anyone who lives in an area with hard water wash their car at home? I always take my car to the local car wash but would love to do it at home. But last time I did this I had water spots on it that took for ever to remove. I have a water softener but is there anything else I could do do help? Thanks

We have very hard water and down at our lake house there is acid rain. This makes for spot heaven. I had the black Yukon Denali ceramic coated and use the special washing soap (de-ionizer) they provided. It work very well. Always wash in the shade and u dry the truck with a leaf blower! The water beads up and runs right off with the air pressure. Very small amounts of water around rear windows removed with a micro-fiber drying towel.

The truck when dry always looks wet. No hard water stains. But like someone said, a black truck is clean for about 1/2 hour. :)

Denali Brad

Reaction score
Wash in the shade and dry quickly after you're done washing. As George said, if you need more time keep spraying it with the hose to keep the water from drying. If you don't wash in the shade you'll have a heck of a time regardless.
This may seem a little hokey, but I hit the wheels, grill, mirrors and a quick once over of the car with a leaf blower...gets off 90% of the water and makes drying very quick.

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, I do the same thing. If you have a good coat of wax or ceramic on the vehicle, most will blow off.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019