Want to make a 6.2 stupid fast

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Big Buttons

The SS Burb
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When I was running E-85 for a while its a noticible difference in power but a huge drop in mpgs. My burb is a flex so wanted to try it out. I have friends running E-85 and boost and they love it.

tights24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What kind of mileage would I get with a setup like that ^

Probably somewhere around 8.1 gallons per mile..... hehehehehehe

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
You cannot safely run E85 with a supercharger on a new GM flex fuel vehicle. This is due to the method in which GM calculates/estimates ethanol content. Since 2006, there has not been an alcohol sensor in the vehicle, instead the ECM relies on a calculated approach that compares pre-fill readings to post-fill readings. That calculation requires the engine to be run in closed loop for the first 10-15 miles after fill up (with few exceptions), which is dangerous for a vehicle which needs significantly more fuel when in boost.

The fuel injectors are too small for boost and E85 and the fuel pump is going to be tasked at high RPM as well.

If you install an alcohol sensor to discreetly determine ethanol content, then there won't be any problems. We have one sitting on the shelf waiting to go in my Denali along with Injector Dynamics ID1000s.

Fast55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd listen to Jenna on this. I don't run E85 and won't based on issues friends have had with fuel system problems, finding fuel, etc. It does make more power, but can be a PITA with forced induction and the truck will gobble it up like a starving kid in a candy store. Better to build/tune for max cojones on 91/93 pump gas. Just my .02.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I plan on buying a 6.2 1/2 truck. I want to throw a supercharger on it and i want to keep the 6.2 motor and just make it stupid fast, i know turbos make more power but i wanna stick with a supercharger. Also my buddy says we need to run it on e 85. Suggestions please

Ill be finishing up spray on mine on a 100 shot should be running 12.60s

now easy combo

whipple 2.9
meth
yank 3000 stal
373 gears
10 psi
cam and wcch heads

Will do 700 rwhp easy

My old trailblazer ss ran high 11s on a 50 shot with minor bolt ons. The yank converter woke it up major!!!

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
That on your cts? 700 is more than double factory for the esky.

Sent from an ice cream sammich.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Yes on esky. Buddy did it here.

2.9 maro on esky changed drive setup
Lt1z cam
Wcch heads
Meth
1 7/8 long tubes
12 psi
Was like 743\702 at wheels

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Ah, that cam pushes the power band higher, he probably peaked at 6200rpm. So what is the 2.9 maro?

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
2.9 whipple from camaro. Hes trying to figure out how to do the 4.0 whipple without having to hack up the wall

OP
OP
M

MUDHOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So jenna even if you changed injectors and changed to fuel pump which we had planned you would still have problems? how do you go about adding the alcohol sensor?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo