Want a Chevy Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mothnuts

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
As others have said it’s really up to you. I’ve always been a new buyer as I’m a picky person when it comes to options and condition, but the first year of depreciation is pretty high. I bought a ‘17 Premier about a year ago and I’m working on trading it now with what will be 20,000 miles when the new vehicle gets here. Looks like it’s going to be about a $12,000 hit, which isn’t far off from what I thought it would be, but it’s way higher then trading 1 year old pickups. If you are concerned about cost of ownership, I’d buy one like what I am trading in, run it 60,000 miles, and then do it again. I had full intentions of running this one to 60k, but we had another kid and we’re going to go a different direction.

Shaggy

Admin/Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As others have said it’s really up to you. I’ve always been a new buyer as I’m a picky person when it comes to options and condition, but the first year of depreciation is pretty high. I bought a ‘17 Premier about a year ago and I’m working on trading it now with what will be 20,000 miles when the new vehicle gets here. Looks like it’s going to be about a $12,000 hit, which isn’t far off from what I thought it would be, but it’s way higher then trading 1 year old pickups. If you are concerned about cost of ownership, I’d buy one like what I am trading in, run it 60,000 miles, and then do it again. I had full intentions of running this one to 60k, but we had another kid and we’re going to go a different direction.

Different direction? You getting a big Ford transit?

Mothnuts

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Different direction? You getting a big Ford transit?

Lol...not quite. Going to a Ford Platinum Expedition. We test drove one for a couple of days and really liked it. Still like the look of the Tahoe better, but the interior space was great in the Expedition.

Shaggy

Admin/Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lol...not quite. Going to a Ford Platinum Expedition. We test drove one for a couple of days and really liked it. Still like the look of the Tahoe better, but the interior space was great in the Expedition.

Well if you go that route, then go sign up to my Expedition Forum - www.ExpeditionForum.com. Yes, I spammed my other forum. ;)

Mothnuts

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well if you go that route, then go sign up to my Expedition Forum - www.ExpeditionForum.com. Yes, I spammed my other forum. ;)

Already a member! Figured I better do plenty of research. Haven’t officially went that route yet, as I’m waiting on ‘19 trade numbers to compare to ‘18 numbers, but it’s same as done. Either way this Tahoe with adaptive cruise is gone. I’ve never hated a vehicle so bad over a feature that should be able to be turned off! If it weren’t for the backseat space of the Expedition, I’d get another Tahoe or Yukon without adaptive cruise as I like it otherwise.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Speardog