Want a Chevy Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rodney53

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey everyone . I want to get a Chevy Tahoe thinking about financing it . Do you think it’s better to get it brand new out the box or get a precertified vehicle . Maybe a 2016 . Just some opinions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

humer101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone . I want to get a Chevy Tahoe thinking about financing it . Do you think it’s better to get it brand new out the box or get a precertified vehicle . Maybe a 2016 . Just some opinions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nothing is better than new, you the only owner financing is the way cuz you can do anything you want, the lease is good for people they do not use or don't even need a car to go to work or go anywhere.
Of course, you know your limited, like John said make your choice.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

RED TAHOE LS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:welcome:
to the forum Rodney. The door is wide open, look @ the big picture, the cost of money (financing) could be much different in the end result of interest paid depending NEW/USED.
Do you want options you don't need or prefer to have exactly what you need, something to think about with a big purchase with the price of Tahoe's today. JMHO and good luck.
David g...……..:)

Stresst

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Depends on your budget. New is always better but of course more expensive! If your on a budget find a dealer demo which usually always have 4-6k miles. I bought a demo in November 2017 which was sold as new because it was never registered. I got it for less then a base Denali!

Search every dealer in 100 mile radius and find the best deal. From now till the end of the year there are going to be ton of deals and incentives. Good luck!

LT1ZOB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pondered the same for a few months Rodney. Just bought a 16 last week with 22k miles which wasn't originally purchased until 2017. So my bumper to bumper goes until early 2020. This is a daily driver for my wife and me, winter and summer, so as much as I wanted new, I couldn't justify the price. Drove 7 hrs to get it home, but it was a phenomenal deal, one I couldn't find anywhere near me. One piece of advice if you're buying used, carfax or not, get the vin and have another GM dealer run it to look for work/service completed and most importantly, a warranty block. I have friends at GM that pull this info for me, but any authorized GM dealer can bring this info up. Good luck

orchidcrazy

Reaction score
As mentioned, run the numbers. I bought my '16 Yukon in December after shopping for a year. Did not get the 20" wheels I wanted, but did get the 2nd row bench. New - you can often choose your options, choose your color. Used, you can often save a lot, but does require shopping around some. I got an incredible rate at my credit union.

WillCO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The numbers analysis will always tell you to buy used. And on high-end cars like Porsches and BMWs, I'd 100% say to go Certified Preowned, since many of those cars are extremely well tended and some of the manufacturers provide free maintenance during the initial period, making it more likely that that one you buy is current on all its shots. A Porsche mechanic can even run a diagnostic that will tell you how many times the car has been run beyond a certain RPM.

I can't say that the preowned market for domestic trucks is as consistent. These trucks are advertised as being able to withstand lots of abuse, and people just make stupid decisions all the time. There's really no way to know if some moron tried to tow a 7000 pound trailer full of rocks 800 miles with a seized axle after he drained half his AT fluid. Be very, very selective and have a pre-purchase inspection done by an independent mechanic you trust on any vehicle in which you're interested.

If you are careful and willing to walk away from any truck that smells funny (figuratively or literally) you could save some money. If you aren't, you could become one of the [many] people on this forum complaining about strange and expensive issues with their trucks, then we find that they cannot account for anything that happened in the first 2 years of the truck's service.

Good luck.

Last edited:

Rdr854

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pondered the same for a few months Rodney. Just bought a 16 last week with 22k miles which wasn't originally purchased until 2017. So my bumper to bumper goes until early 2020. This is a daily driver for my wife and me, winter and summer, so as much as I wanted new, I couldn't justify the price. Drove 7 hrs to get it home, but it was a phenomenal deal, one I couldn't find anywhere near me. One piece of advice if you're buying used, carfax or not, get the vin and have another GM dealer run it to look for work/service completed and most importantly, a warranty block. I have friends at GM that pull this info for me, but any authorized GM dealer can bring this info up. Good luck
If the vehicle has a clean title (as opposed to a salvage or parts only title), why would there be a warranty block?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9