'07 Chevy Tahoe LTZ driver seat movement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JoshuaD

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm experiencing an issue with my new 07 chevy tahoe ltz where the driver side seats won't move.

Using any of the seat controls (forward, back of seat position, tilt forward or back) result in the seat moving maybe 1/4" before stopping. I can hear a click and it does move slightly. I thought maybe jammed tracks, but since also the back of the seat is not moving I'm thinking it's maybe not that.

Could this be a faulty switch of some kind? Bad fuse? Haven't had to troubleshoot a seat before so this is a first.

OP
OP
JoshuaD

JoshuaD

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I did want to add, that I can move the seat in both directions the entire way, but when doing so I press the button, and I hear a click, it moves 1/4-1/2", gotta wait 3-4 seconds. Rinse and repeat.

OP
OP
JoshuaD

JoshuaD

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
- Checked CB3 under dash, confirmed breaker is not tripping by bypassing the CB
0-7f02754477b9_Screenshot_2023-09-18_at_7.48.04_PM.png
- Checked Power Seat Fuse and confirmed good fuse
- Confirmed tracks are clear
- Confirmed power seat switch connector is receiving 12V
- Jumped the purple\white with the Green or Tan wire causes the seat to move, but same behavior persists. Don't believe this is a switch problem.
n672Ouo.jpg

The more I dive into this I'm thinking one of two problems:
1. Faulty Ground
2. Faulty Memory Seat Control Module P/N 15895345

For point #2, it looks like I may be able to jump over the Memory Module:

Last edited:

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm experiencing an issue with my new 07 chevy tahoe ltz where the driver side seats won't move.

Using any of the seat controls (forward, back of seat position, tilt forward or back) result in the seat moving maybe 1/4" before stopping. I can hear a click and it does move slightly. I thought maybe jammed tracks, but since also the back of the seat is not moving I'm thinking it's maybe not that.

Could this be a faulty switch of some kind? Bad fuse? Haven't had to troubleshoot a seat before so this is a first.
I would suspect the gears or track. Could be gummed up with dog hair or the teeth or worm gear might be broken in places.

This can only be properly diagnosed on the car with a Tech-2 type bi-directional scan tool that can pull the internal trouble codes. Or take the seat out and take it apart.

Gruven sells brass replacement gears. I do not think it could be the Memory Seat Module, but the Tech-2 might say otherwise. A new one does require programming so be aware of that if you replace yours yourself.

OP
OP
JoshuaD

JoshuaD

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I would suspect the gears or track. Could be gummed up with dog hair or the teeth or worm gear might be broken in places.

This can only be properly diagnosed on the car with a Tech-2 type bi-directional scan tool that can pull the internal trouble codes. Or take the seat out and take it apart.

Gruven sells brass replacement gears. I do not think it could be the Memory Seat Module, but the Tech-2 might say otherwise. A new one does require programming so be aware of that if you replace yours yourself.
Heyo! I appreciate the reply!

I did a visual inspection of the tracks, I don't see anything blocking.

Would a blockage cause motion in all seat movement functions to move 1/4" at a time but still be able to traverse the full range of the tracks? I guess I would have the same question for the motor itself.

I think I may have missed some additional detail, the reason I'm thinking memory module is because the heated seats + pedal adjustment are also not working. But, notably, the mirrors are still adjusting to memory set location.

My brother works at a collision shop, so I asked him to test it via Tech-2 Bidirectional - couldn't find any rentals, and buying it for just this test would be a hefty investment haha.

Let me know if my thought process is flawed, as I'm new to diving down the troubleshooting rabbit hole.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Heyo! I appreciate the reply!

I did a visual inspection of the tracks, I don't see anything blocking.

Would a blockage cause motion in all seat movement functions to move 1/4" at a time but still be able to traverse the full range of the tracks? I guess I would have the same question for the motor itself.

I think I may have missed some additional detail, the reason I'm thinking memory module is because the heated seats + pedal adjustment are also not working. But, notably, the mirrors are still adjusting to memory set location.

My brother works at a collision shop, so I asked him to test it via Tech-2 Bidirectional - couldn't find any rentals, and buying it for just this test would be a hefty investment haha.

Let me know if my thought process is flawed, as I'm new to diving down the troubleshooting rabbit hole.
The Tech-2 will pay for itself with this repair compared with taking it in to a shop to fix. I suppose it's possible that the MSM is the culprit, a bi-directional scan tool will solve the mystery pretty quickly.

Check the Tech-2 owner's map and see if anyone near you has one. If you're in Florida, stop by the house.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019