Tahoe performance!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KingMyersJr26

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 1999 Chevy Tahoe 5.7 I’m looking to upgrade my performance to get the best performance I can out of my truck what suggestions would anybody make for me? I just put a brand new crate engine in but I want to get more horsepower better gas mileage And more power out of it

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a 1999 Chevy Tahoe 5.7 I’m looking to upgrade my performance to get the best performance I can out of my truck what suggestions would anybody make for me? I just put a brand new crate engine in but I want to get more horsepower better gas mileage And more power out of it
supercharger

Marky Dissod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 1999 Chevy Tahoe 5.7L.
I’m looking to upgrade my performance to get the best performance I can out of my truck.
What suggestions would anybody make for me?
I just put a brand new crate engine in but I want to get more horsepower better gas mileage and more power out of it.
4.10 axle or axleS. Possibly THE MOST UNDERRATED performance mod. City MpG will improve unless you are leadfooted.
If highway MpG does not improve, you have gained smiles per gallon.
Even if you release more horses from the engine, 4.10 axle(s) will put down more power to the tire/ground.

pcmperformance.com pcm tune.
Does not matter if the pcm is a Vortec 4plug, or has been updated to 12200411.

I also very highly recommend upgrading the front brakes - caliper brackets, calipers, rotors, pads - from a 2010 Suburban.
Obviously there are other handling upgrades you should seriously consider, starting with swaybars.
Kind of irresponsible to increase power without increasing the ability to handle that power.

OP
OP
K

KingMyersJr26

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
4.10 axle or axleS. Possibly THE MOST UNDERRATED performance mod. City MpG will improve unless you are leadfooted.
If highway MpG does not improve, you have gained smiles per gallon.
Even if you release more horses from the engine, 4.10 axle(s) will put down more power to the tire/ground.

pcmperformance.com pcm tune.
Does not matter if the pcm is a Vortec 4plug, or has been updated to 12200411.

I also very highly recommend upgrading the front brakes - caliper brackets, calipers, rotors, pads - from a 2010 Suburban.
Obviously there are other handling upgrades you should seriously consider, starting with swaybars.
Kind of irresponsible to increase power without increasing the ability to handle that power.
Nah am a regular Driver I’ll like at the site you recommended thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo