W8TVI's 2000 Yukon XL SLT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
It's not her first time in the snow, and not the first time in that car in the snow.
I've driven that Monte Carlo through quite a lot of snow, and it gets around great in the winter.
I'd recommend a low mileage one to anyone.
Lol I was being sarcastic.:anitoof:

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Here is another upgrade for the LED dome light:
View attachment 71321
When the dome light turns on, the two map lights turn on.
View attachment 71322
I did it with a couple of diodes between the lights. Below is a schematic of how it works:
View attachment 71323
I was playing with a circuit emulator program to make sure the idea would work.
I checked the current being drawn by the LEDs in the map lights, and each one only draw 100ma.
I found some 1A 600v diodes in my parts box, and soldered them so the map lights would get ground
from the dome light ground. You want to use diodes so the map lights still work like normal, and don't back-feed into the dome lights.
I need to do this. I like the option of all on

OP
OP
W8TVI

W8TVI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I need to do this. I like the option of all on
The LEDs I got for this weren't any brighter than stock, so it needed the extra light.

I'm thinking about adding extra LEDs to the back dome lights for a little extra light.

kwOH

Banned
Reaction score
Today as my (soon to be ex-) wife was pulling out of the drive way, she backed into the side of the Yukon:
View attachment 71148
Black mark down the side just below door handles from car mirror, and the red pant transfer from the side of the car.

She says that it happened because of the snow in the driveway.

That is 4" of light and fluffy snow.
Strange how I had no trouble backing it out of the driveway without hitting anything at all.
...and she wonders why I want to divorce her?

Second time this year she has ran into a car that was parked in the spot.

But yep... definable the snows fault.
Lmfao

Sent from iPhone 7 plus using Tapatalk Pro

kwOH

Banned
Reaction score
Unfortunately, I'm not kidding, or trying to be funny.
Guess i should have been specific with my laughter lol funny part is how u caught her on camera.

OP
OP
W8TVI

W8TVI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guess i should have been specific with my laughter lol funny part is how u caught her on camera.

I have a Foscam IP camera in one of my front windows. I have it set to take a photo once a minute, and also record a video when it detects motion, it saves those files to my server in my basement (it has a 4TB drive). One day I plan on making a cool timelaps video from all the photos I've taken, or something.

I've used to video to tell what neighbor UPS mis-delivered both my computer case, and a cell phone too.

Last edited:
OP
OP
W8TVI

W8TVI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Denali projectors, LED reverse "bulbs", and rear seat back latches are on the truck and will be here tomorrow!

I will do some before and after shots of each.

I've seen some videos and photos (check out some in the reviews on the amazon page), and they look like they noticeably brighter than the stock bulbs.
The change from the stock tail light assemblies was like night and day for me, only thing we can do is get better from here!

Hopefully the projectors and and the new bulbs will improve how well I see at night.

The seat back latches will just be nice to keep those panels in place. :burnout:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meandmyhoe20

Latest posts