Vortec 454/4L80e HD swapped 1999 Tahoe OBS

6.0 Carb Conversion or Stay EFI?

• Carb Conversion

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh God no!! Can't take the heat and humidity. Plus--isn't it salty there near the ocean?

I am on the fence right now whether to move back to the New Jersey-NYC area or stay here. The jungle humidity started very early this year.

Eds_Auto

Reaction score
I am on the fence right now whether to move back to the New Jersey-NYC area or stay here. The jungle humidity started very early this year.
It sure did. Wife is from Tuscon, in the middle of the desert out west, they are sitting in an inch or so of snow, wtf?!

Eds_Auto

Reaction score
This is it guys, the home stretch. Nathan spent the day helping me bang out a bunch of work today and we are maybe 80% of the way done! Got the harness mostly connected, just need to lengthen some of the wires. Exhaust manifolds on, distributor is in, and cooler lines are almost there. Need a new radiator, swap over the injector wiring for the big block, and other minor things. Here's some updated pics for now, hopefully the next update is when we fire up this beast and hear it roar!

Also, I'll be writing up a full list of what we have done to make this project possible as soon as it's done. There is limited info on this particular swap, despite the relative plug and play of the Chevy family of engines.

20190224_173828.jpg 20190224_173910.jpg 20190224_172222.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DLM_GT