Vortec 454/4L80e HD swapped 1999 Tahoe OBS

6.0 Carb Conversion or Stay EFI?

• Carb Conversion

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am on the fence right now whether to move back to the New Jersey-NYC area or stay here. The jungle humidity started very early this year.

Gary, maybe you just need to move a couple hours north? I grew up in Fort Lauderdale, then spent 16 years in Boynton Beach and now nine years in Port Saint Lucie. Slowly working my way up the coast!

Not as hot and salty up here as it is down there!

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gary, maybe you just need to move a couple hours north? I grew up in Fort Lauderdale, then spent 16 years in Boynton Beach and now nine years in Port Saint Lucie. Slowly working my way up the coast!

Not as hot and salty up here as it is down there!

Your probably right. It generally gets hot down here in Miami in February but the humidity is generally low until May..But this year the humidity kicked in really early and made it nasty already.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
This is it guys, the home stretch. Nathan spent the day helping me bang out a bunch of work today and we are maybe 80% of the way done! Got the harness mostly connected, just need to lengthen some of the wires. Exhaust manifolds on, distributor is in, and cooler lines are almost there. Need a new radiator, swap over the injector wiring for the big block, and other minor things. Here's some updated pics for now, hopefully the next update is when we fire up this beast and hear it roar!

Also, I'll be writing up a full list of what we have done to make this project possible as soon as it's done. There is limited info on this particular swap, despite the relative plug and play of the Chevy family of engines.

View attachment 217362 View attachment 217363 View attachment 217364
XliF.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia