Vid of The-Hoe vs colbalt SS + some

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
THE-HOE

THE-HOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
noob question alert haha!

you ever consider a blackbear tune?

would it even work with your setup?

ALWAYS loved the videos, you are definitely an inspiration lol I get my hoe sideways any chance I can on wet pavement I just need to make some videos

was bustin some really nice drifts today

I have never been a fan of mail order tunes, I have gotten dyno tuned once and it seemed to be the best for me. The shop that dynoed it was pretty rude though, and apparently thought its "gay" to put money into a Tahoe. My next tune is getting done from Quik, if you know who he is...

That setup is long gone now, the 6.0 is **** sitting in pieces, soon to be a forged 402. But for now i am a 5.3 again, with a turbo.

Anyway, next time you go out you should deffinetally take your camera, Being lowered these Tahoe really don't feel top heavy at all, sure its not a corvette, but i guarantee you will not see a ford SUV doing any drifting without some serious work, when all we need is some wider tires, and a cheap lowering kit. Film some stuff, I could put together a vid with combined footage

---------- Post added at 01:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:10 AM ----------

i was gonna say..i thought i heard a little whistle in there..once im outa college ill be throwin a tvs1900 on it hopefully

In this video there was no turbo, this was all motor. If i had a turbo i would have had many lengths on him. This video is over a year old, when i just had the 6.0L my fron bumper grille whistles once i hit about 90mph.

thehoe92

fo sho
Reaction score
yeah true I was just throwing it out there, I had a feeling you already had a "guy" that does that for you already, lol I'm not going to teach you anything you seem to have it handled :)

http://www.youtube.com/user/iSchutz

subscribe and I'll try to make one, also check the videos ;)
I'm sure I can whip up something badass I've been planning shots ever since I learned I could drift my hoe

I love it because now that I actually have shocks in and I'm about as low as I can go all around I just throw it in tow-haul come up to a corner that has a merge lane, tap the gas let the wheel spin, catch it, feather the throttle a little and pull out of it while I watch everyones face like OMG a ******* full sized SUV just drifted

some corners are so easy too especially banked ones it doesn't take much at all for my 24's to get spinning loose and my back end to just every so slightly whip out

what are you running suspension wise?
any aftermarket sway bars?

OP
OP
THE-HOE

THE-HOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah true I was just throwing it out there, I had a feeling you already had a "guy" that does that for you already, lol I'm not going to teach you anything you seem to have it handled :)

http://www.youtube.com/user/iSchutz

subscribe and I'll try to make one, also check the videos ;)
I'm sure I can whip up something badass I've been planning shots ever since I learned I could drift my hoe

I love it because now that I actually have shocks in and I'm about as low as I can go all around I just throw it in tow-haul come up to a corner that has a merge lane, tap the gas let the wheel spin, catch it, feather the throttle a little and pull out of it while I watch everyones face like OMG a ******* full sized SUV just drifted

some corners are so easy too especially banked ones it doesn't take much at all for my 24's to get spinning loose and my back end to just every so slightly whip out

what are you running suspension wise?
any aftermarket sway bars?

thats your youtube? you into film production at all? I am a film major in college so I have been making all sorts of videos, not really any with vehicles though. Alot of stuff with after effects, and avid or premiere pro. If you are into some filming what type of camera do you use? i mostly use an HVX and film in 1080/24p but i have been messing around with 60fps a lot lately.

As for my tahoe, i am just using a cheap torion key drop/ 3 inch coil rear drop. Stock air shocks in the rear, and stock shocks up front. Stock sway bars also, I have been putting so much money into making my tahoe fast, i have not worked on anything else really.

thehoe92

fo sho
Reaction score
I was into film production for the longest time up until I bought my tahoe and thats when all my money went into it

..actually I got my screen name after watching one of your videos HAHA!!

but yeah I bought the Canon HV10 when it was brand new for about $1200 its only 1080i but I know how to work it into looking like some badass footage

I am dying to use 60fps DEFINITELY recommend that for drift videos.. film in normal 60fps take it into your editor double the frames and you now have 120 fps drift SEX!!! so slow mo

I use Final Cut Studio on my iMac and taught myself how to edit, I've used Sony Vegas, Adobe Premiere, I have seen Avid but never worked with it, they are all basically the same underneath it all just a matter of getting it to do what you want

Blizzard on here has a car mount with suction cups and we have been meaning to get my HD cam on there so he can follow me and catch me drifting around

my drop came in stages, I was at a 2/3 like you at one point and remember it was easier to get sideways, but once I dropped down to where I'm at now its like butter, no body roll what so ever so you have so much control over the ass

sway bars I've read will also make it way more predictable and Max said he can walk the back end out on dry pavement in his Denali

Nickleahy23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That excites me to drop my Tahoe more, but it is 4wd... so i have to figure something out.

im at a 3/5 with the same drop you have..drop keys decranked and 5" springs in rear...pick up some 2" spindles and drop the front more and get some 5" springs for the rear and you will be all set..im 4x4 as well

OP
OP
THE-HOE

THE-HOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im at a 3/5 with the same drop you have..drop keys decranked and 5" springs in rear...pick up some 2" spindles and drop the front more and get some 5" springs for the rear and you will be all set..im 4x4 as well

I actually didnt know they made 2" spindles for 4wd, that's some good news! besides getting shorter shocks/shock extenders what do you have to have to run the 5 inch drop coils in the back? or do you just need to coils and the shocks?

thehoe92

fo sho
Reaction score
I've got 4x4 as well

here's what you need..
coils.. get belltech 5305 they will get you 5" in the rear and ride close to stock, takes like 2 weeks to settle
shorter shocks like some Belltech Street Performance, you don't necessarily need shock extenders its just for more travel

you already have 2" keys so if you got 2" spindles it would give you a lot of play in the front end, and shorter shocks for the front as well

then you will want to cut the whole bump stop bracket off in order to get enough travel

try to find some stiff shocks, I like my DJM shocks, they handle great

oh and more videos please :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aray1288