Useless Information

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One of the interesting things about my truck is that the previous owner never reset the fuel used counter and now it is about to surpass 8,000 gallons. The mileage just rolled past 120,000.

When purchased in May, the lifetime fuel economy average by doing the math was 15.4 mph and now it is 15.04; getting worse with me! Now I reckon those West Virginia hills helped the mileage as well as the cooler weather, I've never seen 18 mpg (an average lasting a tank full of gas) at any time since bringing it home from North Carolina.

Just completed a 1,200 mile trip and it's average fuel economy, fully loaded mind you, sits at 15.6 mpg.

In every other automobile owned, surpassing the mileage on the window sticker was easy, but not so with this truck! Maybe that's because the mileage on the window sticker was blank? LOL Published literature puts it between 14 and 15 city and 19 to 21 highway.

Do they get better mileage above 78 mph? I have a Montana that gets its best mileage at highway speeds that would make the driver well deserving of a ticket!

Last edited:

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can’t answer your question about mileage. But I jsut thought about mine and it’s previous owner never reset the fuel used setting either. I’m gonna check it out in the morning and see what it says haha.

OP
OP
swathdiver

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Trying to match mpg with e85?

Have done that too but learned that the alcohol content of E85 varies widely so one tank of E85 gave 15.4 mpg and another under 11 mpg.

How many hours do your motors have on them? I'll have to check again to make sure but think mine is over 1300 hours. Saw another with nearly the same mileage that said 300 hours! Guess mine idled a lot!

My driving profile includes lots of idling, picking up the children from school, waiting while my wife runs into the grocer to pick up a few things, etc.

moosehead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have done that too but learned that the alcohol content of E85 varies widely so one tank of E85 gave 15.4 mpg and another under 11 mpg.

How many hours do your motors have on them? I'll have to check again to make sure but think mine is over 1300 hours. Saw another with nearly the same mileage that said 300 hours! Guess mine idled a lot!

My driving profile includes lots of idling, picking up the children from school, waiting while my wife runs into the grocer to pick up a few things, etc.
Engine hours can be reset easily.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Geez, I want to say mine has around 2700 hours lol... checked when I got back from lunch 2100.9 hours
Engine was replaced in like April though under powertrain warranty (ends this month)

Last edited:
OP
OP
swathdiver

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
3.42s here as well. So what do you get at 70? Just spent about 2 hours running errands and the average is just over 12 mpg. It's economy mimics a 2500 with the LY6!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AT4Hunter

Latest posts