upper control arm ball joint boot

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ronzxcvb

Reaction score
I replaced my upper control arms about 7 months ago and just noticed that one has a tear in the boot grease don't look like any dirt got in yet so think that replacing the boot would work
I don't want to have to get another alignment so was thinking that replacing the boot would be less likely to mess up the alignment verses replacing the whole ball joint
any one know where to find the boot and part # for a 2000 Yukon slt 4wd
or think it wouldn't mess anything up replacing the ball joint
Thanks for any help

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I checked Rock Auto and none is listed. You may be able to find at the parts store in the "HELP" line. Check there or maybe even at the dealer. The alignment should be ok if you are careful as you take it apart and separate the ball joint easily.

OP
OP
Ronzxcvb

Ronzxcvb

Reaction score
I spent a few hours looking online and called all the local parts stores to see if they had anything in stock that might fit but they all said they are special order only and don't carry any in stock
I know I have heard about replacing them even ran across some for other vehicles thought I saw something about it on here when I replaced the control arms but cant find anything now

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Well then, special order it in. Is still going to be cheaper than the whole ball joint. Parts suppliers keep in stock what sells on a regular basis and have to order in what is rarely sold.

OP
OP
Ronzxcvb

Ronzxcvb

Reaction score
Well then, special order it in. Is still going to be cheaper than the whole ball joint. Parts suppliers keep in stock what sells on a regular basis and have to order in what is rarely sold.
I cant find any place that sells them or even has a part # Or carries boots in stock for another vehicle
I should have worded my posts a little better
And without getting a response here it's obvious that I am hoping to buy something that just isn't sold
I'm going to get a new ball joint and may just swap out the boot

Chubbs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You have to buy the same exact BJ to swap the grease boot. Each manufacturer will have a diff't design. Even the slightest difference renders it useless except for its specific application. Unless you were to just get lucky. At least this gives you a backup if the joint fails in the near future.

your only other option is to contact the manufacturer directly and ask to purchase the boot for the model# part that you have.

Still better off buying entire duplicate assembly, imo