Upper Bal Joint Replacement?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GO0BER

Reaction score
Well, if I had them, they're not there any more...
Odd question potentially.. Do you know the factory ride height and tire size off hand for the 2500 series 4x4?

The PO of my Yukon had tires way too big and/or had the current size tire before a lift/level kit was installed (major rub marks on one side and a broken bumper on the other) and I'm not sure what they changed.. Either smaller tires or the lift.

intheburbs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Odd question potentially.. Do you know the factory ride height and tire size off hand for the 2500 series 4x4?

The PO of my Yukon had tires way too big and/or had the current size tire before a lift/level kit was installed (major rub marks on one side and a broken bumper on the other) and I'm not sure what they changed.. Either smaller tires or the lift.

My 2008 was the last year of the 16" wheels - 245/75/16. 09 and up got the 265/70/17. Factory tire size will be on the sticker inside your drivers door jam.

IEwHPik.jpg

Mine is competely stock - height to the center of the front fender opening is 34.5", rear fender opening height is 37.75".

wsF9qM2.jpg

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Tahoe is a testament to the quality of Genuine GM/AC Delco parts. Out of all the work I did in my build thread, not one part has failed or was bad out of the box. The rig drives like brand new, only better, with the Hellwig sway bar kits and the BBP tune.

That control arm experience is when I first learned of the three tiers of pricing, but, most importantly, quality with the AC Delco parts. Had I known then what I know now...

As for the UCAs, I have some ~3,000-mile-take-offs from a much newer ('21?) truck, removed for a lift. They're aluminum but are the same otherwise. The ball joints are my concern as they're either longer or have a different taper than those for the iron variants. I haven't investigated enough yet. But, I got them, along with some struts and shocks- all for free. I really just wanted the struts for the top plates and dust boots. Those, alone, are a couple hundred bucks in OE parts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu