Upgrading my brakes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Freedom Motorsports

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure why it showed that. but private message Kory (Oleblack03) and he can get you taken care of with the discount...

Danzigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
PM sent, thanks for the help.

Quick question, I am buying the parts to put the NNBS brakes on my NBS since I now have 20" wheels I can upgrade to the larger rotors. I selected the rotors from a '07 is that the correct choice?

08grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why do you have to flush the entire system every 6 months?

Oleblack03

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Danzigman, I got your PM and you would need to order brakes for a 07 NNBS tahoe, any other questions let me know!

Danzigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered mine. Premium Cross-Drilled & Slotted Rotors and Hawk HPS pads all around. I got the NNBS for the fronts. I should be stopping better once installed with stainless lines all around. It should look nice too with the SS wheels allowing everyone to see the rotors. Saved a little over $120 just about enough for the lines.

Freedom Motorsports

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone use on a 6.2 yukon denali?

Sorry for the delay. I have sold several R1Concepts brake packages for the 6.2L Denali's and many that are much larger vehicles (3/4 & 1 ton Dmax trucks) over the years and I have literally NEVER had any customer contact me with complaints or issues. I have never had anyone come back and tell me that their rotors are cracked or warped or the pads are wearing out too quickly, nothing like that. These parts rank right up there with the biggest name brake companies on the market and I specifically promote them because I have tested both their Premium & Eline series rotors on several different types of large vehicles and never had issues. So if you are looking to upgrade the brakes for your Denali, you will NOT be sorry.

Why do you have to flush the entire system every 6 months?

Basically because the power steering and brake fluids brake down faster than any other fluid in our trucks. Having good clean fluids in the system are VITAL to the overall performance and longevity of the hard parts themselves. When the fluids begin to deteriorate, you wind up with a softening pedal feel, loss of pressure through the hydroboost to the calipers. As for the brake fluid specifically, I know we are coming into the summer, but I recommend fully flushing the brake fluid before winter for anyone living in a cold climate. The reason is that brake fluid actually absorbs water/moisture. Because of this, one symptom commonly seen in winter months. When you begin to hit the brakes and the vehicle pulls to one side. This happens because the moisture in the brake fluid freezes in the brake line and the caliper on that side of the vehicle doesn't "actuate"; this causes the truck to pull to the side of the caliper that is working properly.

In the end, flushing the power steering and brake fluids often is cheap insurance against premature failure of the hard parts of your braking system.

08grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ck thanks for all the help, i much appreciate it. i apologize i missed htis deal but will make sure i catch the next one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laurents10