Update on No AC

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LordWayback

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so last night I got all the old junk off I’ve been struggling with the ac lines, the new ones I ordered DO NOT FIT so I’m gonna have to flush the lines and use old ones, the fittings on the new condenser aren’t the same they’re janky so I have to pray it’ll hold pressure. And I’m gonna have to rent 2 tools one for the purple compressor switch and the other for charging the system but I should have working ac TODAY!!!!! If there’s any questions about how to take it apart I guess I’m the huckleberry of doing it myself. I’m about $400 deep so far after refrigerant and stuff I should close in on $500 and AC!image.jpgimage.jpg

OP
OP
LordWayback

LordWayback

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fair warning if you do any of this once you’re part way through most mechanics won’t touch it so once you start you’re too far deep.

OP
OP
LordWayback

LordWayback

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you talk to your mechanic some will let you remove everything then they do all the install and charge stuff I do so much stuff on my personal cars that as long as I don’t do jank stuff my mechanic can start from halfway done and I’ll save a little.

OP
OP
LordWayback

LordWayback

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2nd to LAST UPDATE;i screwed up guys I messed up when installing the compressor so I had to remove this connector again and it diss-integrated, so I’m gonna be out $33 or (??$??) at the junkyard + labor at the mechanics to fix the connector. BUT the rest of the install seems to be PERFECT 11 0z (approx you can never be exact) of Pag46 oil , some of a recharge canister and BOOM it’s holding pressure for now. So as soon as I get a new climate control module switch for the front AC, connector fixed ILL HAVE AC ON ALL VENTS BOYS LESSGOOO. I’ve been suffering all summer so I could save some money and have my truck running right just need the last AC stuff, brake work (master cylinder/brake booster) and besides my minor radiator hose leak ($30) I’ll have a nice truck (ignoring my radio issue.797DE773-0780-4148-A7DD-75ECC8405CC4.jpeg

OP
OP
LordWayback

LordWayback

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m about $500 deep + about $400 of curses $900+ that connector and switch panel = $1,*** for AC that’s brand new until the little bit of shrapnel I tried to flush out gets eaten by the compressor and blows it up again.

OP
OP
LordWayback

LordWayback

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will be open to any questions about how it goes together, the diagnosis process whatever, I don’t want anyone else suffering with ac problems for long like I did. I took a good amount of pictures not shown here.

rockola1971

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will be open to any questions about how it goes together, the diagnosis process whatever, I don’t want anyone else suffering with ac problems for long like I did. I took a good amount of pictures not shown here.
Looking at that pic of your orifice tube Id say its safe to say that old compressor is junk. You will regret reusing that old drier. Its full of the tiny metal flakes that made it past the orifice tube.