Uneven Tire Wear?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2000tahoeZ71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had a new set of tires put on about 2200 miles ago. When they were put on I had the shop's front end guy go through everything and make sure I didn't need to replace any suspension components. He said everything was tight and performed an alignment. My previous set of tires were obviously wearing on the outside 1/4 (by outside I mean outside edge of tire just on one side). Now I am noticing that my tires nubs are worn off on the outside edge again, while the inside edge still has them. What gives?

foxracer025

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like the alignment is off still. I would check control arm bushings etc.

OP
OP

2000tahoeZ71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am just clueless as to why it has returned after getting an alignment not 3K miles ago. The steering components from tie rod to tie rod are all new, maybe 15k on them. I was thinking control arm bushings as they are original but he said they are tight. Guess ill take it to the shop and see what they say.

Jerky Arm Ape

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your alignment is off.
It doesn't matter that all the steering system is new or an alignment was just performed.
Either something is worn on both sides or the alignment wasn't correct to begin with.
If it isn't resolved this time, I suggest a different shop.

The poor alignment and/or the worn parts that they are telling you are good to go will cause you to replace what has already been replaced including the tires and it will not take long on a heavy vehicle.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo

Latest posts