Under hood storage box

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2591tdj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My former 1997 Tahoe came with a black plastic storage box and lid under the hood at the left front corner where a 2nd battery would have gone. It was a great place to store jumper cables and tow strap.

My 2019 has a similar place for a 2nd battery but does not have the storage box. Anyone know where to find a similar box that would fit in the space (max 11” x 8” x 10” tall)? A 24 series battery box is too big. I’ve searched on-line and in local stores. No, I’ve not tried locating one from an earlier model Tahoe. There are no vehicle junk yards anywhere in this area.

TollKeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think Summit sells a battery box you could put in that space. But you would also need the original battery bracket that would go there if you had 2 batteries.

Reaction score
There was a post about this a while back in the 2007-2014 section. I think someone found a certain sized ammo can would fit, and could be bolted down. I think for ease of opening the lid though, that corner support bracket had to either be removed or use a wingnut or something on one end so it could easily be loosened and swung out of the way

OP
OP

2591tdj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The standard bottom battery support plate is there. I can either bolt or strap a box on that plate. If needed I could easily put a battery there now and add a hold down clamp.

in fact I’m thinking about putting a 24 series boat battery there for transport to the lake this weekend. It would be safer than carrying it inside the Tahoe for the 2 hr drive. No risk of it falling over and leaking inside the vehicle.

Thanks guys. I hadn’t thought of checking Summit. I’ve measured some ammo boxes but so far there’s always been one dimension that wouldn’t fit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mldawson11