Tying to hide a sub in a 2dr Yukon...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

moviewithnotitle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here ya go...

Fan mounted in the cup holder... (I used a hot glue gun for this. I also added a little screen for protection from debris)
928849436_xHF6B-L.jpg

View from the underside of the cup holder (you can see the amp here too)
928847518_NLy9C-L.jpg

View of the holes in the panel for drawing air into the area. (you really don't even see these holes unless you look)
928849420_UtR2C-L.jpg

As for where to source this fan, I would think Partsexpress.com or probably Radio Shack. A good Car Audio shop should also have these as well.

I run the fan off of a relay off of the ignition so I know it will come on with the key. I also made sure that this circuit was different then the amp-turn-on-relay I used from the stereo so that I wouldn't induce any noise. (these fans can induce some really high-pitch noise when on the same circuits. The fan and relay are cheap, your talking about $20 with all the materials.

If you have more questions, just ask.
MWNT

OP
OP
gulleyman

gulleyman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:hail: moviewithnotitle, that is freak'n AWESOME! I so gotta do this, thanks for posting this! How thick is your amp? Wonder if mine will fit with the fan...

moviewithnotitle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure on the thickness of the amp, but I would guess about 2-2.5". You should be able to squeeze a fan in there somewhere, or angle it out some other way. If you have clearance issues, I say bust out the dremel and get creative!

soco707

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Okay so I'm trying to figure out where to hide a 10" sub in this thing and I'm calling on you experts here in the forum for some input :help:
I saw a post here where someone put one in the rear passenger quarter panel that looked pretty clean but he had a Solobaric. I am going to need a little more air space to put a JL 10" back there.
rearsub02.jpg
box.jpg
I've also seen these by Q-form but they're SO expensive. Anyone have any experience with these?
qform_2.jpg
Has anyone seen a factory sub and trim panel from a 4dr like this one in a 2dr?
oemsub.jpg
Let me know what you guys think, any input will be appreciated :hmm:
can you tell me the dimensions of this box and did you have to cut any metal or just the plastic trim panel

moviewithnotitle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
While I don't know the dimensions, I would guess that you would get about 1.0 cu ft out of that area. Maybe a schoche' more if you used fiberglass for the backside. Under the rear seat is a more usable area while still keeping it somewhat private. And if made removable, the rearseat is still functional. Sundown Audio makes some 8-10" subs that don't require a lot of space either. Could easily fit in a lot of tight spots. You just have to get creative.

Ventura139

Reaction score
While I don't know the dimensions, I would guess that you would get about 1.0 cu ft out of that area. Maybe a schoche' more if you used fiberglass for the backside. Under the rear seat is a more usable area while still keeping it somewhat private. And if made removable, the rearseat is still functional. Sundown Audio makes some 8-10" subs that don't require a lot of space either. Could easily fit in a lot of tight spots. You just have to get creative.
I know this post is a few years old but I’m looking to do something similar. But instead I’ll be playing a lithium battery in there. But I’ll most likely be leaving the side panel off instead of hiding it. What’s the best way to remove that panel? And certain order

Thanks

bigdog9191999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know this post is a few years old but I’m looking to do something similar. But instead I’ll be playing a lithium battery in there. But I’ll most likely be leaving the side panel off instead of hiding it. What’s the best way to remove that panel? And certain order

Thanks

there should be tons of youtube that walk through step by step for taking them off. it will look pretty naked in there without the panel on at all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DenaliRoyal