TVS or Whipple on 5.3?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
L

ls1frc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also, not ruling out the 2300 either LOL. Might do both! But for now I'll see if the 6.2 with a VVT cam quenches the thirst enough (LOL)

kbit

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Can't argue with that. I did talk to the whipple guys and they said I could go down the 1 size being that I run 93.
Their tune is for 91 with PE at 1.280
That said I am still nervous about a smaller pulley without checking it out as you suggest.

Be careful about running a smaller pulley without either having a tuner read your AFR at WOT or installing an AFR gauge and knowing what to look for. You could melt a piston if you run too lean. Don’t know if you knew this, so I thought I’d mention it.

Edit: I also remember Kenne Bell saying the same thing about going down one size with running a couple more octane points

Last edited:
OP
OP
L

ls1frc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also, not ruling out the 2300 either LOL. Might do both! But for now I'll see if the 6.2 with a VVT cam quenches the thirst enough (LOL)

Definitely leaning towards doing both now.

Can the stock L94 injectors go right into the Maggie? I like using stuff with factory injector data.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645