Interior Questions (Rear TVs and Steering Column Noises)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KSweet

Reaction score
Hi everyone, new here :) I am in a 23 YXL Denali Ultimate and coming up with some questions...

1. Is there a way to start/choose the kids TV show from the dash screen instead of starting the vehicle, walking to the rear seats and clicking through all the options before selecting a show? I upgraded from a 17 Tahoe Premier and what was nice about that rear entertainment was you could display the rear screens up front, to be able to make selections. I'm not seeing how to do this with the new ride. I have little littles, so them using the remote is not exactly going to work just yet.

2. Has anyone else had weird plastic/rubbing noises in the steering column when turning? I notice it most when parking or at slow speeds but it's driving me bonkers. I'm hoping it doesn't need a full clock spring replacement but it simply sounds like there is plastic wiring harnesses or something rubbing. I've raised and lowered, extended the column to see if it moves away and it's not helping 100%. And yes, I can take it in, I just got into my ride last Thursday so haven't scheduled service yet!

3. How many of y'all use the aftermarket engine Auto Off part? I am hating remembering to click the button off every time I get in, but not as much as hating starting from a stop when the engine shuts off.

Vladimir2306

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi, my buddy has a Yukon with rear monitors, he did this, took an old iPhone, connected the rear monitor to it, and controls it via CarPlay from his driver's seat.
As for the noise from the steering wheel, I don’t have this in the Yukon, but on the last Tasha K2XX the steering wheel bearing did not give rest, it was lubricated, and after six months it began to rustle or creak again.
Well, I personally don’t turn off AutoStop; for me it’s normal when the car is parked at a traffic light with the engine turned off. This saves quite a lot of fuel in the city. I live in a major metropolitan area and get about 15MPG in the city.

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
3. How many of y'all use the aftermarket engine Auto Off part? I am hating remembering to click the button off every time I get in, but not as much as hating starting from a stop when the engine shuts off.

Hint, if auto stop is active, even a little relief of pressure on the brake pedal is enough to restart the engine and leave it running. I have gotten good at watching traffic lights and when the light turns yellow for the cross traffic, I slightly ease up on the brake, and the engine starts, so its ready when I am ready to go...give it a shot.

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've noticed some clock spring noises on mine as well. They are subtle and I have very acute hearing so I waited to see if my wife would comment on it. She hasn't said anything to this point. It could be yours is making more noise than mine - really hard to tell with situations like these... the best thing to do is take it to the dealer, drive it with a tech and have them listen to it. They'll likely grab another one from the lot and compare it to see if they are similar.

I eliminated auto-start-stop the day after I brought mine home. Search for "autostartstop eliminator" - there's a company that makes an intermediate wiring harness that plugs into the switch pack - it saves your settings and reapplies them each time you start the rig.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

You are already receiving sage advice from the knowledgeable folks on this Forum.

OP
OP
K

KSweet

Reaction score
Love all the helpful tips! I wouldn't have survived the waiting period for my ride to jump on the train without y'all and your pics on here. It kept me really excited about everything to come! I scored this gem as a dealer retail order that hadn't hit the GM website inventory yet, so when I learned about it the build date was a few days prior. Ended up waiting less than 2 weeks from deposit to on the lot. Feeling very, very lucky and thankful cause I know others' timelines have not been as quick.

Here's the first wash pic after I got it home. I still need to get ceramic on it but so far it is 1000x easier to keep clean than my Black tahoe prior. Love love love the sparkles in it!

I'm nervous to pop off trim already but the autostop eliminator sounds very appealing and glad to hear it's working for everyone.

I just sent everything in to get our license plates (AK) and am soooo excited to get those. Picked up the cargo pull back cover and rear net today at the dealer as well.

Last question, does anyone have a license plate frame rec that matches the vader chrome that is *plastic*? I've found a bunch of metal ones on Amazon but not a huge fan of metal against my pretty white paint.

@StephenPT mine are too obvious to ignore, got the appt scheduled for 2 weeks from now. It's better raising it to the top but I won't want to drive this around forever with the plastic rubbing noises. Although I'm really interested to see if they do "fix" anything or just make sure something is tied away from the rest of the components. I will definitely come back and update once I know more.

@Vladimir2306 I love this idea with the old iphone, I didn't think of it but that can totally work for us.

@WalleyeMikeIII I will try my best, it's so funny I forget every time until the first stop it kicks in and then swear under my breath about it lol. I just don't like the jolt-to-start when I take off.

@Joseph Garcia TY for the warm welcome I am happy to be here! Never thought I'd get two dream cars (tahoe was my 1st) in my life but here we are!!

Attachments

• IMG_0263.JPG
    IMG_0263.JPG
    383.9 KB · Views: 8

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Love all the helpful tips! I wouldn't have survived the waiting period for my ride to jump on the train without y'all and your pics on here. It kept me really excited about everything to come! I scored this gem as a dealer retail order that hadn't hit the GM website inventory yet, so when I learned about it the build date was a few days prior. Ended up waiting less than 2 weeks from deposit to on the lot. Feeling very, very lucky and thankful cause I know others' timelines have not been as quick.

Here's the first wash pic after I got it home. I still need to get ceramic on it but so far it is 1000x easier to keep clean than my Black tahoe prior. Love love love the sparkles in it!

I'm nervous to pop off trim already but the autostop eliminator sounds very appealing and glad to hear it's working for everyone.

I just sent everything in to get our license plates (AK) and am soooo excited to get those. Picked up the cargo pull back cover and rear net today at the dealer as well.

Last question, does anyone have a license plate frame rec that matches the vader chrome that is *plastic*? I've found a bunch of metal ones on Amazon but not a huge fan of metal against my pretty white paint.

@StephenPT mine are too obvious to ignore, got the appt scheduled for 2 weeks from now. It's better raising it to the top but I won't want to drive this around forever with the plastic rubbing noises. Although I'm really interested to see if they do "fix" anything or just make sure something is tied away from the rest of the components. I will definitely come back and update once I know more.

@Vladimir2306 I love this idea with the old iphone, I didn't think of it but that can totally work for us.

@WalleyeMikeIII I will try my best, it's so funny I forget every time until the first stop it kicks in and then swear under my breath about it lol. I just don't like the jolt-to-start when I take off.

@Joseph Garcia TY for the warm welcome I am happy to be here! Never thought I'd get two dream cars (tahoe was my 1st) in my life but here we are!!
You are making me jelly w/ that White Frost! My Satin Steel Metalic is the first non-white I’ve had since 1996…but it matches my boat perfectly, which is why I chose it…but, I sure do love that white and I always do a double take when I see one…I’m 20 months in now and aside from a few very minor things, I still enjoy driving this thing every day.

Damp microfiber cloth on the seats once a week and then dry them, my light shale/teak interior still looks showroom new..enjoy it, and don’t forget the 91+ octane and a foot to the floor once in a while (once you get her broke in) to keep the smiles going!! Welcome!

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Beautiful rig - congrats!

Though it's not a match to the Vader Chrome, I am completely sold on silicone license plate frames. Super cheap on Amazon - they are usually black, but I think there's some color options. They are rattle-free, rust-free and won't get weathered and crack.

OP
OP
K

KSweet

Reaction score
Beautiful rig - congrats!

Though it's not a match to the Vader Chrome, I am completely sold on silicone license plate frames. Super cheap on Amazon - they are usually black, but I think there's some color options. They are rattle-free, rust-free and won't get weathered and crack.
Thank you so much! You know, I've never tried silicone but I saw tons of them listed... maybe I should try one out :) My old metal one got rusted on the Tahoe so that's what I'm trying to avoid.

OP
OP
K

KSweet

Reaction score
You are making me jelly w/ that White Frost! My Satin Steel Metalic is the first non-white I’ve had since 1996…but it matches my boat perfectly, which is why I chose it…but, I sure do love that white and I always do a double take when I see one…I’m 20 months in now and aside from a few very minor things, I still enjoy driving this thing every day.

Damp microfiber cloth on the seats once a week and then dry them, my light shale/teak interior still looks showroom new..enjoy it, and don’t forget the 91+ octane and a foot to the floor once in a while (once you get her broke in) to keep the smiles going!! Welcome!
Ohhh you are the white white white white white finally silver guy! I noticed your line up and was like huh, wonder what changed hehe. I love the silver, it was definitely my top alternate color option. Teak/shale was also going to be my denali w/reserve package alternate.

I haven't even thought about seats, thank you for the reminder. I got 2-stage seat savers for the boys car seats in the 2nd row plus kick mats. It came with the all weather floor mats which was a must have as well. Did you get those with the cool teak/brown coloring or you're running carpet?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan

Latest posts