Turn Signal won’t stop

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

east302

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I suspect that the ones selling for $40-$150 are all from the same manufacturer with the prices just reflecting markups from the retailers and not stages of quality.

I have something like that in my Tahoe that I bought maybe three years ago for $70 or so. It never “cancels” when turning left and the wiper function is different - when you turn it to an intermittent setting it doesn’t immediately swipe the wipers and then start the intermittent timer like the GM part. It does the reverse, so I start on low and then go to an intermittent to get things started. Paint wore off of the end within a few months while the GM one took a few years to do it.

I live with it, too much of a pain to replace it. In hindsight, I’d have gone with the GM part or a junkyard one.

For others, the same cheap part probably worked perfectly fine so it’s going to be hit or miss like all aftermarket parts.

Swagfu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Multifunction Switch Ebay

Found these on eBay for $40 vs $100 from big box auto parts places. Any reason to be concerned using one of these? From what I can tell the pins line up exactly and the part looks the exact same. I would definitely plug it up first and give it a test run before assembling everything
I got this one off of Amazon. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0B6JC2HGT?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1 I haven't installed it yet as my mechanic got Covid so I can't report on it. But I have good luck with buying aftermarket stuff when its all I could afford. Once I get mine installed I can tell you how good it works. But that might be a week or two.

Swagfu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mechanic installed it today and everything is now working like it should. Only took him about 45 but this wasn't his first one on a tahoe. So that helped.

east302

Full Access Member
Reaction score
View attachment 391127

Just did mine and unlike many videos I watched I did not take off the steering wheel and airbag. Used a L shaped T20 key for that tricky screw

Minor sidebar - you see that crack where the bezel clip slides in? The clip is spreading the “jaws” of that recess apart since it isn’t enclosed on all four sides…causing the crack.

Before it gets worse, you might consider flattening the bezel clip so that it doesn’t put pressure there. Adding some butyl tape in there will hold it in.

A92E6B70-F113-4DD6-A0EC-3FC7E5E477F5.jpeg

the 18th letter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
View attachment 391127

Just did mine and unlike many videos I watched I did not take off the steering wheel and airbag. Used a L shaped T20 key for that tricky screw
Think I’m gonna give this a shot over my staycation next week. If it can be done without airbag and steering wheel removal. Cruise control went out about 4 years ago and now my wipers no longer do intermittent wiping.

YukonGTmaster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Think I’m gonna give this a shot over my staycation next week. If it can be done without airbag and steering wheel removal. Cruise control went out about 4 years ago and now my wipers no longer do intermittent wiping.
Make sure you have these sockets before you start on the Multifunction switch! Or you will be running out to the store. Ask me how I know. Lol

IMG_1073.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Banjomatic