Turn Signal woes…PLEASE HELP!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Young Guy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2007 Chevy Tahoe

My original turn signal (multi-function) switch slowly wore out and eventually every time I used the turn signal, the high beams would come on.

I replaced it with a part from AutoZone. And it worked for about 3 weeks before it started doing the same thing, which was having the high beams come on after ever turn signal use.

I thought maybe it was a bad part, so I bought a replacement turn signal switch from Advanced Auto. It worked for only two days before going bad and triggering the high beams with every use.

PLEASE HELP!!

Has anyone else has this issue?? Am I just buying cheap parts??

I’m stumped on this…

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
This is kinda off the beaten path but I saw you last post on whether it was time to sell your truck @ 225k+ miles. If you’re using it for a daily I’d suggest it’s time to sell it based on …

* You’ll only have to fix the turn signal one more time.
* You’ll dodge the major services in your future like 100% of all suspension rebuilt as well as major driveline service plus end of life replacement on mechanicals.
* Resale is crazy high on these trucks for private parties.
* Key words you mentioned, I travel often. Upgrade time!
* Pay a Resto shop that the dealers use to cut, buff & polish the paint & detail the interior. $3-$5H spent on this will pay back thousands on a black truck. I stored my black YXL after the detail and sold it to 2nd person who looked at it. While driving the truck me I just bought.
* Upgrade! Get an 09 Yukon or Tahoe with no AFM and a 6.2L. Tahoe 6.2L are hen’s teeth to find but you only find them when not looking, right?

On a whim I found our 09 and traded up from an 08. I wanted the a/c seats & e85 compatibility the non AFM 09 6.2L had but keep the Non AFM motor our 08 YXL Denali had.

The Pro detail got me $12.5k for the 08 YXL Denal (140k mi) private party and found a 09 Esky Platinum for $14k (130K mi) in TX. That was 2.5 years ago. Figure both of those numbers x2 now. e85 is $3.19 & 91 is double here in CA. I save at least $320 a month w/ e85 fill ups.

If you need to replace a dash, repaint the roof or hood, you’ll want to do that on a vehicle you know like the back of your hand and enjoy heated/cooled seats, BT, lane departure warning in mirrors and 403hp good for 400k miles while chillax’n.

Just say’n, look for the loaded 09 Tahoe, Yukon or YXL Denali w/ L9H, one year only motor. If you’re not planning to trade or buy, that’s when you find them and can walk away from any deal because you’re not desperate.