Turn signal mirrors!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Maximus09

Reaction score
Good evening gentleman Hope every one is well.
You guys have helped a ton with my leveling kit and i thank you guys fro your knowledge. My next project is adding turn signal mirrors. My 2005 yukon xl sle (I think) does not have them. It only has power mirrors, not folding. I did some reading and can anyone confirm if they are plug and play for a 2005. Im looking for oem and not a cheap version. I ned to know if i can just buy the actual mirrors instead of the whole outer shell/mirros assembly? If so are they hard to remove to install new turn signal mirrors in the same housing?
These are what I'm looking at on eBay. Thanks for your help in advance for the support. Also is anyone Neat central NJ would be down to meet up and chill/ check out each other rides?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2005-GM-GMC...ash=item43fae73634:g:7NIAAOSwyDxXh~zp&vxp=mtr

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I don't know for sure, but I don't think it's as simple as plug and play. I'm sure if you got an OEM plug for the signals in the mirrors it won't plug I not the old plug going into the dash. You're probably going to have to cut and splice into the dash harness , and get that signal for the blinker. I don't think it'll be that hard to do, tho I've never tried to do it. As for the mirror itself, it should just pop out. It's held in the housing by clips, kind of. Just snaps into place. Be very careful tho being it's glass, you could break it. You'll most likely have to run the signal wires through the body of the mirror, into the door. Not hard to do. Where in NJ are you? I'm also in central nj.

OP
OP
Maximus09

Maximus09

Reaction score
I don't know for sure, but I don't think it's as simple as plug and play. I'm sure if you got an OEM plug for the signals in the mirrors it won't plug I not the old plug going into the dash. You're probably going to have to cut and splice into the dash harness , and get that signal for the blinker. I don't think it'll be that hard to do, tho I've never tried to do it. As for the mirror itself, it should just pop out. It's held in the housing by clips, kind of. Just snaps into place. Be very careful tho being it's glass, you could break it. You'll most likely have to run the signal wires through the body of the mirror, into the door. Not hard to do. Where in NJ are you? I'm also in central nj.
Hoping someone has experience with this? I thought it would be too good to be true to just plug and bam it works! i really wanna get this mod done they look sick! Sounds easy to remove them so thats a positive note. Im actually living in Havelock NC (active duty) at the moment but I go up to Hamilton often and as much as I can. What about you man?

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure on the mod but that's really expensive for a single used mirror glass with backing plate.

select127

Supporting Member
Reaction score
you need complete assemblies. the oem mirrors with t/s in them also are power fold so if you wanna add that function you will need to get driver door switch from same truck(or truck that came with power fold).

OP
OP
Maximus09

Maximus09

Reaction score
you need complete assemblies. the oem mirrors with t/s in them also are power fold so if you wanna add that function you will need to get driver door switch from same truck(or truck that came with power fold).
I don't want power fold just the signals but I think you're saying ill need it anyway?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
caprajohn