Turn signal mirrors!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can go about this several ways. If you purchase entire power fold turn signal mirrors, they will be plug and play. Well, the turn signal portion will be plug and play at least. And you can stop there if you have zero desire for power folding mirrors. But to have the power fold feature working, you will also need a power fold mirror switch.
Another option would be to buy either used or aftermarket replacement mirror glass with the turn signals in them. But then if you go that route, you will have to run two wires from the BCM through the doors and up to each mirror to connect to the new mirror glass.

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Oh that simple just for turns, good to know.

OP
OP
Maximus09

Maximus09

Reaction score

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh that simple just for turns, good to know.
Yeah, I know for sure that the turns are plug and play when you if in a set of DL3 mirrors. But as far as the wiring being accessible in each door? No clue. I know the mirrors plug into each door module (also known as the power window switch, lol) but I can't say for sure if you can grab a turn signal BEFORE the window switch. But I know for sure that you can run your own wires from the BCM, that's how you have to do it on a 00-02 truck. That's how I did mine, I had to completely hardwire everything and run wiring into both front doors.

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok let me get this right. If if buy the entire mirror such as this : http://www.ebay.com/itm/03-06-Escal...ash=item3d2c63440d:g:xuQAAOSwcUBYOyFm&vxp=mtr It will be plug and play?

On the other hand if I buy just the mirror itself : http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-GM-TRUC...ash=item464f325503:g:V0gAAMXQHDlRc22o&vxp=mtr Ill have to run 2 wires correct? Also what is the BCM and are these wires easy to find and install?
Yes to both questions. Now you can try and see if you can possibly find a turn signal wire in your door before running wires from the BCM, I can't say for certain if that will work or not as I have never done it, and I have never seen anyone else do it. The BCM us the Body Control Module which is located in the dash just below the steering column.

OP
OP
Maximus09

Maximus09

Reaction score
Awesome gonna go with the whole mirror to make it a little easier. Now from the pics i'm seeing my standard power mirror only have one plug. The DL3 mirrors have 2 plugs. Where will I connect these plugs wont there be 1 plug left?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/122256471968

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Awesome gonna go with the whole mirror to make it a little easier. Now from the pics i'm seeing my standard power mirror only have one plug. The DL3 mirrors have 2 plugs. Where will I connect these plugs wont there be 1 plug left?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/122256471968

If you have the heated mirrors, then you already have two plugs on your current mirrors. Regardless, power window switches have two sockets for the mirror plugs to plug right into.
Also, speaking of heated mirrors, if you don't have heated mirrors currently, then you will have them if you get the DL3 mirrors. I'm not 100% positive if heated mirrors are plug and play on the 03-06, I know for sure that they ARE plug and play on 00-02 trucks and SUVs though. And be sure to get matching mirrors, either both with puddle lights or both without them. The DL3 power folding turn signal mirrors either came with puddle lights or WITHOUT puddle lights. The SUVs came with puddle lights and trucks usually did not have them. Also, an easy way to tell is by the caps too. Trucks almost always had black textured mirror caps even if they had the turn signal mirrors, but the SUVs ALWAYS had painted body color mirror caps if they were turn signal mirrors. So 99% of the time a textured cap mirror will not have a puddle light, and a painted mirror WILL have a puddle light. Also in case you are wondering, the puddle lights are plug and play, although you do have to make sure that they are turned on in the Driver Information Center in the instrument cluster. I know you are mainly only concerned about turn signals, but if all these other features come on the mirrors anyways, might as well take advantage of them.

OP
OP
Maximus09

Maximus09

Reaction score
I do not have heated mirrors but im still good right? I am looking at the ones with the puddle lamps so thats a plus! As I have painted mirror caps and want to keep it that way. Are the painted caps easy to remove and have body shop paint Or I could just remove the mirror caps on mine and switch them to the DL3's?

mals

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are the painted caps easy to remove and have body shop paint Or I could just remove the mirror caps on mine and switch them to the DL3's?

When I purchased my Yukon the power fold mechanism didn't work, sounded like the gears were stripped. I was able to get a cheap pair of DL3 mirrors on ebay that had scratched covers and broken mirror glass. I was able to pop the glass and caps off of my pair and swap them over and make two good mirrors out of four damaged ones.

The caps are held on with clips and double sided tape. I broke a few of the clips, so when I reassembled them I used a few extra pieces of tape.

OP
OP
Maximus09

Maximus09

Reaction score
good stuff! thanks man
When I purchased my Yukon the power fold mechanism didn't work, sounded like the gears were stripped. I was able to get a cheap pair of DL3 mirrors on ebay that had scratched covers and broken mirror glass. I was able to pop the glass and caps off of my pair and swap them over and make two good mirrors out of four damaged ones.

The caps are held on with clips and double sided tape. I broke a few of the clips, so when I reassembled them I used a few extra pieces of tape.
Goof stuff thanks man!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrentL9900