Tuning file installation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Sam Harris

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
For the right reason I’d sure be happy to run a different MAF. But at the moment, I just want to get her as clean and happy as possible, to get this tune installed and running well.

BlackBearPerf

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When installing the tune, my instructions say to turn the ignition off, and then the AutoCal will start a countdown timer before I can resume the tuning, or start the truck.

My tune file was flashed, and as soon as it says: Ignition off NOW!, I turned off, and removed the key. But it’s never started a timer, and has been just sitting on the “Ignition off NOW!” Screen for several minutes.

Is this normal? Can I start the truck?
Give us a call 877-809-4070 we would be happy to help.

BlackBearPerf

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When installing the tune, my instructions say to turn the ignition off, and then the AutoCal will start a countdown timer before I can resume the tuning, or start the truck.

My tune file was flashed, and as soon as it says: Ignition off NOW!, I turned off, and removed the key. But it’s never started a timer, and has been just sitting on the “Ignition off NOW!” Screen for several minutes.

Is this normal? Can I start the truck?
After it says ignition off, turn it off, uplug the AutoCal from the OBDII port and then go ahead and start the vehicle.

OP
OP
Sam Harris

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
After it says ignition off, turn it off, uplug the AutoCal from the OBDII port and then go ahead and start the vehicle.
Thanks, that’s what I’ve been doing, but including a 2:00 wait. I’ll follow your recommendations. Much appreciated!

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I always have my driver door open so RAP goes off or else the Autocal doesn’t recognize the ignition was turned off.

OP
OP
Sam Harris

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Still trying to get this dialed in. I replaced the MAF, then cleaned the Throttle Body, next Justin says I may have a fuel pressure issue, since she’s leaning out with the tune. Need to check the pressure. Assuming it’s not around 55-60 at idle, guess that’s a replacement fuel pump. Don’t think there’s likely anything else to do..?

Also wondering if I should upgrade the pump if I need to replace it anyway, for future HP growth.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Still trying to get this dialed in. I replaced the MAF, then cleaned the Throttle Body, next Justin says I may have a fuel pressure issue, since she’s leaning out with the tune. Need to check the pressure. Assuming it’s not around 55-60 at idle, guess that’s a replacement fuel pump. Don’t think there’s likely anything else to do..?

Also wondering if I should upgrade the pump if I need to replace it anyway, for future HP growth.
Stock pump is good to about 450 HP so unless you're going with twin turbos you're fine. Superchargers will come with a pump as part of the kit if needed. Yours is a 2003 so there isn't a fuel filter under the driver seat inline is there?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Willis12345