Trucool 40k install

Discussion in 'Engine & Drivetrain' started by SnowDrifter, Sep 10, 2018.

1. SnowDrifter

SnowDrifter Full Access Member

Name:
    Chris
    Want to put one on.

I've seen a few methods that involve cutting the stock lines, re positioning them, then reconnecting with some compression fittings. It works, but not something I want to do, particularly since I just replaced my trans cooler lines a few thousand miles ago.

So what I'm trying to get to, before I start ordering parts, is an appropriate way to install it without modifying the existing cooler lines. Is there an effective way to put a flex hose on the stock lines so they can be connected? I'm weary of just cramming a soft hose over stock lines and securing with a clamp since they're not really barbed, just bumped

p.s. would I be correct in assuming the cooler is not pressurized beyond what's required for fluid flow?

2. randeez

randeez Full Access Member

Name:
    randy
    The "kit" from pt.net comes with mounting brackets (top and bottom), the quick connect fittings that thread into the 40k to use the factory quick connects on the stock hoses, and a compression fitting for one of the lines- you just cut it with a tubing cutter, rotate 180*, and put it back together with the compression fitting.