Trucool 40k install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SnowDrifter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Washington. The desert side not the Starbucks side
Want to put one on.

I've seen a few methods that involve cutting the stock lines, re positioning them, then reconnecting with some compression fittings. It works, but not something I want to do, particularly since I just replaced my trans cooler lines a few thousand miles ago.

So what I'm trying to get to, before I start ordering parts, is an appropriate way to install it without modifying the existing cooler lines. Is there an effective way to put a flex hose on the stock lines so they can be connected? I'm weary of just cramming a soft hose over stock lines and securing with a clamp since they're not really barbed, just bumped

p.s. would I be correct in assuming the cooler is not pressurized beyond what's required for fluid flow?

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The "kit" from pt.net comes with mounting brackets (top and bottom), the quick connect fittings that thread into the 40k to use the factory quick connects on the stock hoses, and a compression fitting for one of the lines- you just cut it with a tubing cutter, rotate 180*, and put it back together with the compression fitting.

OP
OP
SnowDrifter

SnowDrifter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Washington. The desert side not the Starbucks side
The "kit" from pt.net comes with mounting brackets (top and bottom), the quick connect fittings that thread into the 40k to use the factory quick connects on the stock hoses, and a compression fitting for one of the lines- you just cut it with a tubing cutter, rotate 180*, and put it back together with the compression fitting.
How's this for a long reply? LOL

Got busy and forgot to check back in.

Thanks for the link. Looks like exactly what I'm looking for! Just need to run out and check my radiator bracket. Hope it's bolted in

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How's this for a long reply? LOL

Got busy and forgot to check back in.

Thanks for the link. Looks like exactly what I'm looking for! Just need to run out and check my radiator bracket. Hope it's bolted in

mine was welded...only takes a second knock it off with a grinder. not sure if i used a self tapper to attach the bracket though

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
well if a hose clamp worked for decades and decades then it will still work today, there is not that much pressure in a transmission to ever worry about it, I used the fittings and clamps and brackets that are supplied with the kit and I doubt I will ever have to even bat an eye at it. the only thing I added that didn't come with the true cool was (4) 1" stand offs because otherwise it would sit flush metal to metal. you will want to move your ambient temp sensor to the side otherwise it's going to tell you it's 120+DEG outside

MAX2.jpg MAX3.jpg

**edit on the nbs you might not have to move the temp sensor I think it is lower on the frame than it is on the nnbs, but just something to keep in mind

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willie110hh