Tru-Cool Max 40k Transmission Cooler

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It does look like the way to go. That new cooler cooler surface is 3 times bigger than the old one. The only thing I don't like is the compression fitting but if done right it should be good. That would be a constant source of inspection for me, especially during an oil change.
There’s a solution for that. You can change to braided stainless steel lines with -AN fittings either by making your own or you can buy a pre-made kit like this although to me this seller is making a fortune off these. I would buy the parts and make my own.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/283325432319

08z71bgm

Supporting Member
Reaction score
There’s a solution for that. You can change to braided stainless steel lines with -AN fittings either by making your own or you can buy a pre-made kit like this although to me this seller is making a fortune off these. I would buy the parts and make my own.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/283325432319
I like this idea better than the compression fitting. I truly hate making these so if I need new lines I’ll prolly order these.

Reaction score
Uh, concerning what that guy in that video says about the mounting position.....

Cold fluid is thicker than warm fluid, thus why it will only run in the first few larger tubes when it's cold and you don't need all the cooling surface. As the fluid heats up, it thins and flows through the smaller tubes and utilizing more surface.

Kind of an internal thermostat for the cooler.

As for bleeding air, he said it's an open system with a vent and fill/dipstick tube, SO WHAT? It doesn't have to be a sealed system like the cooling system. The engine crankcase is an open system also. There's air in the oil passages, and on top of the heads under the valve cover and when the motor starts it has to push that air out so the oil can flow/drain...what a moron, lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
V2Tahoe