Tru-Cool Max 40k Transmission Cooler

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

08z71bgm

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lol those hoses are 220 plus tax. If my hoses aren’t shot or leaking I’m not getting them until it’s an issue. I hate making those lines but for the price I may just make them myself using the JEGS fittings. Summit fittings suck. Fragola also. JEGS were the best ones I used besides xrp. I made my own on two different cars. Just a PITA.
well you got yours $40 cheaper than me so may as well get the SS hose lol

OP
OP
Jlaughtr

Jlaughtr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Order the brackets from the forum guy on Thursday. Got the shipment notification today. Once it comes in I’ll order the SS lines and get this bad boy installed

Reaction score
A few sellers on Ebay have the cooler in stock as of yesterday and selling for about $135

As for Tru-Cools thermal bypass, I've read that the bypass is set to like 190* anyway, so no real benefit

Reaction score
Today those same sellers have them listed for $169[emoji848]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

brichter

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
For a street truck with no or minor mods, I would not bypass the radiator cooler.

For a built performance truck that will see minimal street time, definitely bypass the cooler in the radiator.

08z71bgm

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ll be putting this in soon and considering replacing the lines as well with some an hose. Just curious as to the fluid flow.

The upper hose on the transmission housing is the return and lower is hot high pressure?

upload_2020-7-29_8-45-43.jpeg

is this accurate?

OP
OP
Jlaughtr

Jlaughtr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ll be putting this in soon and considering replacing the lines as well with some an hose. Just curious as to the fluid flow.

The upper hose on the transmission housing is the return and lower is hot high pressure?

View attachment 253666

is this accurate?

just looked at the video of the Glen’s install and it showed the instructions. that looks consistent with what it had

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645