Transmission Temp - did I make a mistake?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Jhwhite05

Jhwhite05

Reaction score
Hey everyone, sorry it’s taken me so long to respond. I had some family issues that took me out of commission since @Geotrash last post.

Thank you for outlining exactly what to look for to confirm everything is plumbed correctly. I did inspect it, and everything is done correctly.

When I got back home last week from our trip, I did flush the transmission as per your guys recommendation. Thanks for that.

I’m still investigating why I saw that 260+°F temperature reading on my dash, but suspect it may simply be a perfect storm situation: a hotter day in the 80s, a 20 minute extremely steep grade that kept me at about 15 miles an hour, and towing heavy?

I’ll keep investigating. Heading out on another long trip this weekend!

NickTransmissions

Sin City
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, sorry it’s taken me so long to respond. I had some family issues that took me out of commission since @Geotrash last post.

Thank you for outlining exactly what to look for to confirm everything is plumbed correctly. I did inspect it, and everything is done correctly.

When I got back home last week from our trip, I did flush the transmission as per your guys recommendation. Thanks for that.

I’m still investigating why I saw that 260+°F temperature reading on my dash, but suspect it may simply be a perfect storm situation: a hotter day in the 80s, a 20 minute extremely steep grade that kept me at about 15 miles an hour, and towing heavy?

If you haven't already, change the fluid out. You dont want that overheated fluid still in there for your next trip.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Thanks for the update and I hope the family is okay. We also offer family advice and shade tree counseling here in another part of the forum. :p

OP
OP
Jhwhite05

Jhwhite05

Reaction score
If you haven't already, change the fluid out. You dont want that overheated fluid still in there for your next trip.
Yes, thanks Nick. I did that. Tomorrow morning is coming sooooon.
Thanks for the update and I hope the family is okay. We also offer family advice and shade tree counseling here in another part of the forum. :p
Hahahah , I probably could use that. Therepy is getting expensive. Lol.

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score

15mph? that was a heck of a grade. I don't tow much but, I bet that is ******* a cooling system. at that speed it's all on the fans.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz