Transmission Slipping

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AirJordan613

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Recently purchased this ‘09 Tahoe with the 6.2. About 140k miles on it. Trans started slipping after having the fluid flushed and filter changed (OE fluid and filter at Chevy dealership). Seems to only be slipping under WOT, otherwise it seems to behave pretty normally. Does this look toast?

Bill 1960

Testing the Limits
Reaction score
I would drive that very gently back to the dealer and have them hook up a scanner and drive it. Could be just a malfunction in a control circuit (electronic or hydraulic) caused by some debris that was dislodged during the flush.

Could be it’s toast. What was the initial reason you took it in and had the flush/change done?

OP
OP
AirJordan613

AirJordan613

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Reason was that I didn’t see any records of transmission service, so I figured that I should. Also had some weeping trans cooler lines and those were replaced.

alpha_omega

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The sound heard other than the engine, was that your swinging keys striking the dash as you accelerated?

AmunRoo

Reaction score
Hey, I'm new here and I'm kind of having the same issue you are. I experienced the same type of problem when going WOT. Everyone other than that, normal City driving causes no issues whatsoever. I'm considering changing my fluids but not a flush. I have an 07 Denali with the 6.2 AWD

Foggy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Exactly the reason I don't recommend "flushing" the trans...
If the fluid is that bad, it's prob toast... If the fluid is that bad, drop the pan
and replace fluid --- then do it again in just a couple thousand miles..

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
def an issue, I have no input other than it's in the range of where the torque converter starts to go, probably needs a deeper look, have pan dropped and check for metal/inspection
could it be a relearn issue? not sure when mine was relearning it did some weird shifts but not that bad

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645